Would this be a worthwile project to take on?
yes
 100%  [ 20 ]
no
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

ericva1992 wrote:
how can TI put restrictions on something they distribute freely from their website?

Edit: Would it be legal to tell everybody and go download a ROM from education.ti.com and then upload it? It seems just wrong, but I don't understand this legal stuff.
Sure, as long as they own the calc. There might be some jurisdiction issues with them storing their ROM on your server though, as that might technically fall under the category of sharing. You'd need a way to prove that only the uploading user had access to the ROM instance.

And re: restrictions: Umm, if there was no way to restrict the use of freeware, don't you think someone like Microsoft would be selling an OS built on Linux by now?
KermMartian wrote:
And re: restrictions: Umm, if there was no way to restrict the use of freeware, don't you think someone like Microsoft would be selling an OS built on Linux by now?

Three cheers for the GNU GPL! (and whatever license the linux kernel actually uses - if it isn't the GPL)
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Three cheers for the GNU GPL! (and whatever license the linux kernel actually uses - if it isn't the GPL)

you can say that again. Go OSS!
This would be quite an awesome project! I was thinking along the lines of an IDE that has the emulated calc screen built in the window (like how the BASIC256 IDE has the output of your program shown right in the IDE instead of in another window).
Nice 4 year necropost.
_player1537 wrote:
Nice 4 year necropost.
It was my fault, actually; I was trying to send him to this topic about a BASIC programming guide, but the DoorsCS bot pulled the wrong topic out of Google. Sad
Ah, stupid DoorsCS Smile
_player1537 wrote:
Ah, stupid DoorsCS Smile
Well, to be fair, it could also be called my fault for not giving DoorsCS a sufficiently-precise set of keywords to use to search for the thread in question. I think at this point we're abusing a dead thread, though; perhaps we should leave it be.
Haven't read through this topic, but it sounds great! There's a way to use TI-BASIC–style commands in FreeBASIC, but it's definitely not the most accurate of simulators.
Should we lock this or something? It's a four year old topic...
Whoops, didn't notice that. Sorry.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours