I was trying to download some games onto my ti-84 plus ce, but once I got them loaded onto it I couldn't open them without (ERROR: SYNTAX) popping up and saying (Check all arguments entered. Press + on the menu item for catalog help.) and (1: quit) with occasionally a little bit of (2: go to). I have absolutely zero clue what i'm doing, so anyone who is going to help me be prepared. I have never worked with this calculator before, and have zero experience, so yeah. I'm probably making some sillly mistake, but at this point I don't know. I'm using the latest version of TI connect CE as far as I'm aware. I connect the calculator, click actions, add files from computer, select the game that I extracted, and it goes to the calculator. After that it does the (ERROR: SYNTAX) stuff, and I don't know what to do. If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it! Because I would rather be playing tetris than working on graphing random equations...
try using the catalog, to find asm(
then hit enter
then on the homescreen, it'll be:
Asm(prgm<name>)
What OS version are you on? In OS 5.5+, there is disabled ASM and C support and you need to use a jailbreak.
You will need to use the ArTIfiCE jailbreak for OS 5.5 or above.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours