slashdot just put up some news about msd8x, and provided a link to ticalc.org! 'tis a golden day for the calc community.
Woo, and I got the sixth comment on that...
excellent
cool hopfully this will help the community get more attention
yes, this be interesting. The only thing with them getting some light is not everyone has a ti calculator, but this fun to see if we get any new members (community I mean, not just here).
I have a feeling that TiCalc.org will get alot of new members. DS might too. Oh, and Radical software probabally will.
They didn't seem to enthusiastic about it. I feel that the TI community is looked down upon. I don't expect too much out of this. Probably little attention will be payed to it, and will not have much effect on the number of members.
They probably don't need a lot of new members. More likely than not it would increase the number of n00bs (and n00bly programs).
yeah I noticed that we dont get the respect of say, the gameboy community....
That's because everyone uses their gameboy, and they use it for enjoyment; the members of the "TI Scene" are a bunch of nerdy programmers who use their calcs for pleasure Rolling Eyes

As for the the Slashdot comments; don't read them.
Meh, now to get DCS6 simultaneously /.ed and Digg'ed so my site will go down in flames. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours