I was looking for something like this and found Gossamer, but the problem is that was made for a different calculator. Is there a web browser for the TI84 Plus CE similar to or even better than this?
Not yet but there are three projects meant to bring Internet to the CE. However all of them requires extra hardware or adapters so I have been unable to use any of them since I'm kinda broke lately.
dkmarshmello1573 wrote:
I was looking for something like this and found Gossamer, but the problem is that was made for a different calculator. Is there a web browser for the TI84 Plus CE similar to or even better than this?

A gossamer like web browser is in the plan for tinet. We are just waiting on lwip to move out of beta and become a library.
Invalid_Jake wrote:
dkmarshmello1573 wrote:

A gossamer like web browser is in the plan for tinet. We are just waiting on lwip to move out of beta and become a library.
I'm confused - doesn't lwIP obviate the need for tinet?
KermMartian wrote:
Invalid_Jake wrote:
dkmarshmello1573 wrote:

As a connection mechanism, yes. It could be repurposed as a service to provide specific services to devices.
KermMartian wrote:
Invalid_Jake wrote:
dkmarshmello1573 wrote:

A gossamer like web browser is in the plan for tinet. We are just waiting on Lwip to move out of beta and become a library.

Tinet will use lwip but it will provide services that use it. It already provides a netchat server and a database service for people making programs. It also provides a way for people who make programs to authenticate their users easily. Edit: What cag said lol.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours