yeah, IE7 will be better (but the one thing I don't like about IE7 is that it looks like FF with a different skin and no extendibility.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Oh the irony... Rolling Eyes
I use Firefox/or netscape due to which GUI I am entering(CDE or Java) on Solaris, just not on windows.
Okay, no one quite understood my sarcasm...I wasn't referring to the fact that you use IE...
Homer Simpson, at least I think wrote:
The ironing is delcious.
Smile
rivereye wrote:
yeah, IE7 will be better (but the one thing I don't like about IE7 is that it looks like FF with a different skin and no extendibility.

I think IE7 looks like they just threw a whole bunch of IE6's into a tab control (which conveniently explains the messed up toolbar arrangement AND that it renders pages equally as crappy as IE6... Evil or Very Mad )

@Netham: I have no idea what you are talking about concerning IE6's "advantages". It is slow to render webpages, it doesn't render them correctly, is riddled with EXPLOITED holes, has no tab browsing, no extensions, and no customization. The only reason it appears to start so quickly is because ITS ALREADY LOADED. Netscape is almost worse than IE6. Stick with Firefox or Opera instead
I personally hate tabs. They get me confused. Netscape DOES suck. I hate Firefox too. I havn't tried Opera.
netham45 wrote:
I personally hate tabs. They get me confused. Netscape DOES suck. I hate Firefox too. I havn't tried Opera.

...are you serious? You'd rather have 5 IE windows cluttering your taskbar than 5 tabs? wow.... my opinion of you continues to accelerate at -9.8m/s
Quote:
...are you serious? You'd rather have 5 IE windows cluttering your taskbar than 5 tabs? wow.... my opinion of you continues to accelerate at -9.8m/s

You mean it's not at zero yet?
Well... I can just click on the Internet Explorer(X) button in my start bar and see the titles of all of the windows instead of seeing "Cemetech..." in a tabs window. I like to be able to tell which window is which without having to guess. Oh, and my opinion of you just reached it's negative bandwidth limit of -2TB
netham45 wrote:
Oh, and my opinion of you just reached it's negative bandwidth limit of -2TB

Praytell, how do you have negative bandwidth? Rolling Eyes
It was a metaphor.
netham45 wrote:
It was a metaphor.

No, it was just stupid -> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=metaphor&x=0&y=0 <-
Quote:
Praytell, how do you have negative bandwidth?

Basically netham is giving you bandwidth Laughing

Quote:
Well... I can just click on the Internet Explorer(X) button in my start bar and see the titles of all of the windows instead of seeing "Cemetech..." in a tabs window.

Looking at the title bar has the same effect Shock
Not if I have 10 windows full screened.
netham45 wrote:
Not if I have 10 windows full screened.

It doesn't matter if its full screened or not, it still takes up the same amount of space in the taskbar - of which there is LESS taskbar space than the space available for tabs

Look at these two images, the firefox tabs (of which there are more of than open IE windows) have a longer title message than the IE windows (which also block my view of other open programs)

Ooh! Ooh! Look at my screenshot!

Ooh, and it is all built into Windows! Just think of that!
Tabs in Opera show you that and more if you leave the mouse pointer over them.
One of the cool features of FF is that you can download extensions where you can configure the appearance of tabs. You can set it up in such a way where you can see the full names of each if you want.

Netham, in regards to your screen shot, I hate the XP gouping thing, it annoys the hell out of me when it does that, then I have to scroll through that to see my program, I would rather have a squisshed taskbar.
Quote:
Tabs in Opera show you that and more if you leave the mouse pointer over them.

Same goes for Firefox Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours