Okay; let's bash some n00bs Very Happy

Although let's stick with people outside of this forum...ph43r
You should've revived the SNOTY topic instead. Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Okay; let's bash some n00bs Very Happy

Although let's stick with people outside of this forum...ph43r

Would Netham be considered outside?
Quote:
You should've revived the SNOTY topic instead.

This isn't an award Razz This is mainly to bash people who think IE is 'The Internets' and whatnot.

Quote:
Would Netham be considered outside?

No; his ban was lifted 9/15.
You know it's getting really annoying how just about everyone assumes that if someone thinks that IE is 'The Internets' that person is automatically an idiot. It's idiotic to hastily declare someone an idiot just because they are less computer savvy than you are.
Woah wait stop. n00bs =/= idiot all the time. n00b == dumbass in computers Very Happy
true, hating people at that level is one thing. If I were to hate my person who sits next to me in my AP Comp Sci class because I know more about servers and other things than he does, things would suck (and he is a good friend of mine).
Well, n00b certainly isn't a compliment. Calling someone a dumbass at anything is just as bad as calling them an idiot. By your logic, rivereye is friends with this kid until this kid is on a computer. While he is on a computer, he is a n00b that gets flamed.
Okay; I think we need to explain the difference between a n00b and a newb;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet#n00b
Something, I am a friend with him, on or off the comp.
There was no need for the link. I knew very well that you made a very bad assumption about a person you hardly even know using the one fact that the person only knows of IE.
Quote:
I knew very well that you made a very bad assumption about a person you hardly even know using the one fact that the person only knows of IE.

WTF? I did *NOT* call *ANYONE* an *IDIOT* GODDAMMIT!!! If someone thinks that IE is "The Internets", then they are a dumbass in computers! There's no arguing that! I did not mention *any* other aspect about that person or group of persons that match that description.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

This isn't an award Razz This is mainly to bash people who think IE is 'The Internets' and whatnot.

You're right. You didn't call anyone an idiot. You just intend on calling everyone who thinks IE is Internet and whatnot a n00b/dumbass/idiot. Also, let's not let this get out of hand.
yes, I can see this is going to get out of hand. Please keep this area humane.
Quote:
You're right. You didn't call anyone an idiot. You just intend on calling everyone who thinks IE is Internet and whatnot a n00b/dumbass/idiot. Also, let's not let this get out of hand.

Somehow this lead to bashing those within the forum Laughing There goes the only rule in this thread...And yes, I intend on calling everyone who thinks IE is Internet and whatnot a n00b/dumbass/idiot...in computers Laughing
Why do you want to bash anyone anyway?
Why are you in the Rants forum?
I like IE. I like it because it doesn't have 5 minute loading times(Netscape) It works well on slow computers(Firefox) and it is the most compatable webbrowser that I have used. Notice:I used netscape about 5 maby even 7 years ago so I might be mistaken on that.
Oh the irony... Rolling Eyes
Hey, to each his own. All those reasons you gave are perfectly valid, except about the loading times, which was probably due to a slow connection, not the browser. I happen to prefer firefox because of its OSS-ness and the other stuff it's got that IE doesn't have, although I can stand using IE7, due to the new features, but IE6 just makes me cringe.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours