Which idea sounds feasible?
Cooking Game (ex. papa's pizzeria, get and order the cook it)
 42%  [ 6 ]
Destruction Game (Avoid being destroyed by something in space)
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Okay I will be entering a Cemetech contest again.

PLATFORUM: TI-84 PCE

Game Name: Planet Saver
Making a destruction type game. So the goal of this game is not to get blown up by objects in space for example stars(sun), Asteroids, including fire balls (to fit the theme), also the main player is a chosen planet (ex. earth, mars, etc.).

Sprites Completed!! - 100%
Gameplay Prototype - 50%

Latest Development:

Menu concept art:
Last day to vote!!! So far the space game seem to be in the lead. if we tie again I will just use a random name picker.
I'll be adding concepts art by the end of today.
Here is the burger concept:

Quick Edit for space game:

I'll redo the concept image later.

GET YOU VOTE IN!!!!!
Alvajoy123 wrote:

Wow, that looks awesome! Where are these assets from?
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:

Wow, that looks awesome! Where are these assets from?

It's a contest not a show and tell!! Razz

Edit: I made some them and some from a "Papa's" game.
Alvajoy123 wrote:
*** NOTE to Judges: if I use 'oxygen', I will be excluding it from source code submission! "for personal reasons".

Just so you know, using Oxygen would not be allowed, since it was not publicly available before the contest started.

The concept art for both ideas looks great, though!
Jeffitus wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
*** NOTE to Judges: if I use 'oxygen', I will be excluding it from source code submission! "for personal reasons".

Just so you know, using Oxygen would not be allowed, since it was not publicly available before the contest started.

Thanks Jeffitus, I noticed that this morning, and meant to say the the same thing myself.
Jeffitus wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:

Thank you, for letting me know!! Razz

SPACE GAME IT IS!!!!
Alright started off with some good progress today!! I finished planet animations, star generating, player movement. Here's are some screenshot:

** LEFT: Testing movements. *** RIGHT: Testing Animation.
This looks really cool alvajoy good luck, Is your source code available for that way i can look at it and implement some stuff into my code?
QuillPlayzYT wrote:
This looks really cool Alvajoy good luck, is your source code available for that way I can look at it and implement some stuff into my code?

Laughing Thank you, my code won't be until I submit the game to the judges.

"CC25" is Cemetech's latest contest.
Impressive work so far, Alvajoy! Those animations are looking very smooth.
epsilon5 wrote:
Impressive work so far, Alvajoy! Those animations are looking very smooth.

Thank you! Razz

Quick Update:

Added a few things today, enemies, health bar, and explosion animations. I don't think you all are interested in how it was done, so I'll Just show you all some progress images.

** I know the comet are moving in one way and it would be cool if they moved diagonally **
I need to add a menu, shop, and power ups, levels, and etc.
Quick Update:
I have started making concepts art for menu, and the shop. here they are:

Concept Art!

This is the main menu (landing page) where users choose what they want to do.

This is the shop!! where play buy power ups and planets. "There is no custom fonts so some of the text main not come out at expected"
Some of the planets where not created by me. I got them from "Here"

Finished sprites! 100%
Implement! 0%
Wow! I do have a bit of a suggestion though- move the "saver" text down a little, as it's really hard to read at the moment.
Oxiti8 wrote:
Wow! I do have a bit of a suggestion though- move the "saver" text down a little, as it's really hard to read at the moment.

What do you mean by down? "Change text opacity or move the saver text somewhere else"
If I change the the text opacity there would be no change, and if I move the position of saver to lets say the middle it would just abstract the other words in planets so I think it best if I leave it alone for now.
I think what oxiti8 means is that you should move "saver" down along the y-axis so it doesn't overlap with "planet", although i may be wrong.
KMisthebomb wrote:
I think what oxiti8 means is that you should move "saver" down along the y-axis so it doesn't overlap with "planet", although i may be wrong.

THis is what I meant- move it right along the x axis, increase the opacity, or move it down on the y-axis- as long as it isnt on top of the "P L A N E T" text.
Quick Update:

I was in a bit of a rush today, I was thinking that today was the last day. so I finished up and polished the game quickly. I did not include the shop in hopes of adding it to the next version, I also could not fix the issue with title because I thought there was a time limitation (shaking my head right now).
(hopefully I can resubmit it)

(screenshot is sped up)

Quote:
This is what I meant- move it right along the x axis, increase the opacity, or move it down on the y-axis- as long as it isn't on top of the "P L A N E T" text.

I will take this into account and apply this to the first release. (not the one above that's the entry version)
Make sure y'all go ahead and vote for my entry in the voting thread Test out the entry version here!!!!

"Lets get this entry to 3rd place. yes, we can!!"

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours