I finally have (what I believe to be) a really great idea for a game. It's going to be in celebration of Pi day, which is coming up very soon (March 14th, or 3/14).

My goal is to help people memorize as many digits of Pi as possible, in the most fun way I can think of. I'll explain more of the details when I get some of the game done.

It will be written in javascript: https://github.com/Michael2-3B/CC21

You may play the game here: https://michael2-3b.github.io/CC21/

Sounds neat! I hope it'll be done by the 14th! Razz
The game is now technically playable! There are still some styling issues and probably lots of optimizations to be made but you should be able to test your knowledge of the digits of pi.

I'm going to see if I can add a high score table at all, and I'm also thinking I'll add about a 2 second timer to keep the pace of the game going, once you start.

Try it out here: https://michael2-3b.github.io/CC21/

EDIT: I added a high score, which will display in the header after you play the game at least once. Also the header now keeps track of your current score.
So far I've been able to memorize about 38 digits of pi Razz I'm open to suggestions for the game though, if you all have ideas on how to make it feel more competitive or addicting.

EDIT:
Also, I'm trying to figure out how to fix the bug where a number appears as an option more than once, which automatically rules it out as being a correct option. I know it sounds like an easy bug to fix but I'm also having to deal with some of _iPhoenix_'s code at the same level...
I like it! You might want to add a hint button that decreases your score, and makes a random clue, like "the average of 1 and 5" (3). Also, I'd put a scrolling page of 100 digits of pi, scrolling horizontally at the beginning of each round, to spark memory, but I don't know if that would be good or bad.
Reasons why you should vote for my game Smile

1. It’s educational
1a. It helps you learn the digits of pi. My personal high score is 38, which is a lot higher than before this game existed.
2. It has pie. And pi.
2a. If you can get a score of 100 digits, without cheating, and only by memory, I will make sure to mail you a pumpkin pie directly to your address (but only if you are in USA).
3. It’s fun!

Edit: My personal high score is now 51 (legit) Razz

Edit 2: A few more minutes of memorization and the amount of digits I know, by heart, is 61. The whole thing sounds like a nice rhythm to me when I've got it memorized. (maybe I'll give myself the pie if I can reach 100 digits and recite it a few times)
Michael2_3B wrote:

1. It’s educational
1a. It helps you learn the digits of pi. My personal high score is 38, which is a lot higher than before this game existed.
2. It has pie. And pi.
2a. If you can get a score of 100 digits, without cheating, and only by memory, I will make sure to mail you a pumpkin pie directly to your address (but only if you are in USA).
3. It’s fun!

My new goal is to get to 100 digits. It may take years, but I will.
Michael2_3B wrote:

Really?!? Science Olympiad is over, but I'll get my Fast Facts brain back into gear and get 100 digits of pi memorized. (wait 3 days for me to come back with my success Razz )
TI84pceBasicPro wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:

Really?!? Science Olympiad is over, but I'll get my Fast Facts brain back into gear and get 100 digits of pi memorized. (wait 3 days for me to come back with my success Razz )

It's been 9 days Razz
Please make a port of this on Ti 84+ CE so I can memorize pi on my calculator 🙏

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours