So I just recently finished my own xlibc color picker. It is a simple program that's written for web browsers (written in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript). It is easy to use and lets a person see, very clearly, what an xlibc color looks like. It also displays the TI-OS colors, so a person can compare them with the xlibc colors. All someone needs is a web browser to run it in. I figured that programmers (people writing C programs on the CE) may find this to be very useful. If anyone is interested in this program, please let me know.

Visuals for people to enjoy:
Nice work! I believe I most often used to pop open TokenIDE when I needed to check the color palette while writing ASM programs for the CSE, so this is much more convenient.
I was wondering .. are you planning to make this into a website or a chrome application of some sort?
I have not (as of right now) given a ton of thought into what I am going to do with this. (Especially considering that I just finished it today and I started it yesterday.) I know that I will not be making this into an actual website. (Unless the admins added it to Cemetech. No pressure though.) Up to this point, I was just thinking of giving it out to people or even uploading it to the archives (since it is only one file). A Chrome application would be nice, but I feel like it would kind of defeat the purpose of it being a very compatible program (since it would have to be run on Chrome).
This is awesome! If I were you, I would use a service such as Github Pages to host the site. (especially if you already have a Github account)
Yes. That's a good idea and I just think that I will end up doing that.
The Xlibc Color Picker is now available to the public! You can either download it (to use offline) or use it online. The links for both are posted below. Please enjoy!

Website Link
https://roccoloxprograms.github.io/XlibcColorPicker/

Download Link
https://github.com/RoccoLoxPrograms/XlibcColorPicker/releases/latest
Nice!

A couple suggestions/ideas:

Perhaps you could make the TIOS colors display their equivalent value when clicked.
It would also be nice to have a sort of outline around whichever color you currently have selected, so that people know which one it is if they want it to be just a little darker or something.

But great work! If I write programs for the CE, this will become a very useful resource.
This is super cool! Good Idea

I have one suggestion, how about making the mouse be a pointer when you hover over the table? You could use something like:
Code:
cursor: pointer;
in your CSS.

I also think that Michael0x18's suggestion about TI-OS colors would be a good idea.
KMisthebomb wrote:
This is super cool! Good Idea

I have one suggestion, how about making the mouse be a pointer when you hover over the table? You could use something like:
Code:
in your CSS.

I also think that Michael0x18's suggestion about TI-OS colors would be a good idea.
I second this suggestion; it would make the interface more intuitive/ make it more obvious that you're supposed to click the colors. Also, good thinking hosting it on your github.io!
I have now added more to the Xlibc Color Picker. I have added approximate values for the TI-OS colors. Some may not be that accurate and I wasn't able to find approximate values for some of them, so if someone can find them, then please let me know and I'll put them into the color picker. Thanks for everyone's support and suggestions.
KMisthebomb wrote:
Code:
in your CSS.

I would also throw in a border on hover.

Code:
table td:hover {
    border:solid black 1px;
    padding: 0;
}
Amazing website! It's been really useful. May I suggest showing the RGB color values as well as the index? Keep up the amazing work!
-Knights
Very useful, I used this the other day to pick colours for a Cesium icon
Great work on the project, this looks like it will be a very useful tool for C and assembly programmers. As for suggestions, I'd like to see:
- a border around the currently hovered-over option
- a border over the currently selected option
- 1555 values for each of the colors (5-6-5, the 16bpp equivalents for each)
- a dark mode
Keep it up, this is a very nice beginner web project, and I'll probably have a look at some of the code later to see how it works.
Thank you all for your suggestions and I am happy to announce that a new version of the Xlibc Color Picker has now been released! Various features have been added and those features are as follows:
- A box over the color that you are hovered over.
- A box on the currently selected xlibc color.
- A close comparison of the TI-OS colors with their xlibc equivalents.
- Dark Mode!
Special thanks to mr womp womp for his code suggestion.
Another small update has just been pushed. I had to fix some things with dark mode, but it should be working alright now. Let me know if you encounter any problems.
For some reason it somewhat irks me that the "Switch to light mode/dark mode" button is actually the entire top of the page. I'm not sure how hard this would be to do, but maybe instead you could have a "light mode | dark mode" thing at the top and you could just tick on whichever one you wanted. Or, you could have a button element which you clicked on. It just seems to bug me that you can click anywhere on the top of the page to change mode.

I have no experience whatsoever with HTML/CSS/Javascript so don't hold me accountable if half of the stuff I said is difficult or impossible
TIny_Hacker wrote:
For some reason it somewhat irks me that the "Switch to light mode/dark mode" button is actually the entire top of the page. I'm not sure how hard this would be to do, but maybe instead you could have a "light mode | dark mode" thing at the top and you could just tick on whichever one you wanted. Or, you could have a button element which you clicked on. It just seems to bug me that you can click anywhere on the top of the page to change mode.

I have no experience whatsoever with HTML/CSS/Javascript so don't hold me accountable if half of the stuff I said is difficult or impossible

Thank you so much for pointing this out. It seemed so obvious when you said it, but for some reason, I never noticed it before. I applied a few minor changes and it has now been fixed. The download link has been updated above.
That's much better, thanks for the update!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours