frontpage wrote:
As I tried to begin to document in the DCS6: To Do topic, one of the sections of Doors CS that I'm rewriting for DCS6 is the whole concept of associated programs, programs that can open data files. I decided that for Doors CS 6, the shell itself will handle most of the pointers and data transfer instead of relying upon the data file and main program to find the data and manipulate it. The first step was making Doors CS aware of data-only filetypes, which I suceeded in doing. For icons, I decided that data files, instead of having embedded icons, should get their icons from the main program. Therefore, some programs can now have an extended header that defines both an entry point other than $9D95 for when data is pending, filetypes that the program knows how to open, a dual icons: one for the program, and one for associated data files. In addition, I decided to pair main and data programs by a 3-byte data type identifier instead of the 8-byte ASCII name of the main program so that multiple competing programs can be made to open the same standardized filetypes. Check out the actual screenshot below that shows the working system in place. Note that the icons for both APMAIN and APTEST are inside the data structure of APMAIN; APTEST contains only a header and its 3-byte identifier with a short string for future testing use.

Any feedback?
Well... Could we assocaite the filetypes with a main program from within DCS so we could use this with.. Lets say Super Mario 1.2?

Also, we need another beta after seeing this. Smile
Hehe. Nope, I don't think so. I could rewrite SM and its levels though...
Why not? You could just store the settings in the appvar.
It's not that easy - super Mario physically lacks a routine to open levels gives a pointes lo level data without starting at $9D95.
KermMartian wrote:
It's not that easy - super Mario physically lacks a routine to open levels gives a pointes lo level data without starting at $9D95.

Mario open source? you could port it DCS6....
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Mario open source? you could port it DCS6....
Rolling Eyes ... as I stated in my post above. Smile
I have a question... I know I have bugged you about this... but... Are you going to be fully integrating DocuDE into DCS6?? Or are you going for the whole Office DE?
It shall not be integrated. However. With the number of routines I've been writing into DCS, it's doubtful that DocDE will rise above 1k.
So, basically, it will just be a program accessing everything that is already in DCS6?
KermMartian wrote:
It shall not be integrated. However. With the number of routines I've been writing into DCS, it's doubtful that DocDE will rise above 1k.

Is there then a posibility of DocDE merging with DCS? (assuming, of course, that there is enough 'extra' free space from the two app pages DCS is taking up)
tifreak8x wrote:
So, basically, it will just be a program accessing everything that is already in DCS6?
Pretty much. The text inputs routines are already inside, as will be the open/save/close file routines.

@Kllrnohj: I doubt it. I'd like to keep it independent so I have that space to continue to improve and expand DCS.
perhaps you could add a spellchecker that would detect if DAWG was installed....
Shock That would be crazy. I would love to see if that could work, althought it's probably out of the scope of the initial release (I'll try to make it contemporary with the DCS6 release).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours