Should an insane mode be included in 2.1.2?
Yes! Sounds fun!
 100%  [ 1 ]
No, save the space and release it sooner!
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

darkwater4213 wrote:
I've got an idea for you to pursue endlessly for days on end...

Port it to the CE. In full color. With pew-pew graphics and explosion-y effects and everything. Also make the TIE fighters shoot back. And have multiple on-screen at a time, and have the TIE fighters be harder to hit (viz., they move). Go the whole hog. Take up my entire archive. I don't care, just do it!

For one, the tie fighters DO shoot back- that’s the difficulty. And I wouldnt say that they’re easy to hit by any means…As for the CE port:

Sure. I mean, I didn’t make CEPORT for nothing, right?
I can do full color, with remade backgrounds for the menu- but extra effects during gameplay may not be possible at a decent speed.

TL;DR sure. Expect some news soon.

Oh and as for the axe port… havent started yet lel
Well, seems like the intro screen carries over quite well- Menu needs some work but this should be up and running on CE soon!

darkwater4213 wrote:
I
edit: obviously, i would have to be in c for this to actually work Neutral

Not really actually- I can accomplish a lot of these things in TI-BASIC (except maybe the multiple tie fighters thing) at a reasonable speed, and tbh a C port would be a lot harder for me to work on considering I’ve never used C on the CE before- idk maybe as X-Wing 2.4 (2.2 being the Celtic III version and 2.3 being the eventual Axe release)
excited about the ce version. at first, I downloaded it and tried to transfer it and expecting it to work like other games I've gotten. Then I look here and I guess my question was answered.
Invalid_Jake wrote:
excited about the ce version. at first, I downloaded it and tried to transfer it and expecting it to work like other games I've gotten. Then I look here and I guess my question was answered.

Kinda forgot about my CEPORT'ed version. I'm going to be getting my hands on an actual CE soon so I wouldn't be surprised if i got back to working on this some time in May Wink .
Hopefully so 😁
One thing: you will have to either port it to C (just use regex or something idk) and use double buffering or totally overhaul the graphics routines for the CE edition bc flashy TIE fighters kind of give people headaches... :/
darkwater4213 wrote:
One thing: you will have to either port it to C (just use regex or something idk) and use double buffering or totally overhaul the graphics routines for the CE edition bc flashy TIE fighters kind of give people headaches... :/
I’m gonna have to modify the gfx no matter what as the game’s gonna need new picvars/backgrounds for the CE anyway. Its not really feasible to port this to C as that would fall into the realm of remakes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours