Genesis X for the TI-84 Plus CE

I always wanted to create a 2D space colony game. When I was challenged to code a 3D calculator game, I took a chance with the idea.

Genesis X is a sandbox game where you are in charge. You can place buildings everywhere on the map- except on water. Leave the game running and see your planet transform over the years- the world is in a delicate balance. You can build a better future or destroy it all.

Features
- Isometric Terrain Generation
- Dynamic Water Level
- Custom Building Sprites
- Save System

Source Code and Download: https://github.com/EverydayCodeNet/GENESIS-X-CE

Screenshots
Placing buildings:

Rising Sea Levels:

Devlog & Gameplay:

Conclusion
On January 9th, 2020, I joined Cemetech, and it was one of the best decisions I made. The support and critique pushed me to learn more every day. This program is the result of about one year of calculator programming.

This game will be updated, so if you have any suggestions or feedback, please reply to this thread!
Looks great! I love the isometric view - I noticed the water blocks can be at different heights, is that normal?

Either way this is the type of game that I can see myself playing for a long time Smile.
Nice job! I did encounter a bug, however, when launching from VYSION:

It gets stuck on that screen forever. A quick look at your code suggests that variables aren't initialized if the save data isn't loaded correctly, which could be causing some issues. Hopefully this can be resolved.

EDIT: The bug can also occur when launching from the program menu or Cesium, it's almost certainly not an issue with VYSION.
This is exciting! Gives me some slight Populous vibes which was a cool Amiga game many years ago!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours