well i can not do asm and that is what i thought you meant so i can help with programming and archiving
Okay then I would like to be a programmer because the UTI community project is in a temporary lull. I would actually have time to do stuff. BTW when do you plan on deciding who you're gonna use?
sign me up for archiving. if there is any spots left
Test, test. Link check,1, 2, 1, 2... Laughing J//K
I guess I could be a link-checker.
Heh, unless I write a PHP script to take your job away from you. Wink
tifreak8x, I am working on a full admin panel for my site, idependent of any forum system. When I have it done, I can let you have it (will have links and files in it, along with news, and anything else I can think of). I should probably help out with this also (/me has been a slacker at tifreakware, bad rivereye).
rivereye wrote:
tifreak8x, I am working on a full admin panel for my site, idependent of any forum system. When I have it done, I can let you have it (will have links and files in it, along with news, and anything else I can think of). I should probably help out with this also (/me has been a slacker at tifreakware, bad rivereye).
Mine is completely independent too; I could probably just install it at TiFreakWare if you want. See, I think we should just build you a new CMS with PHP and perhaps even try integrating phpBB into your site. The only problem is all your posts....
wait, you said it required phpbb, but now you say it is independent (I guess it could be easily made that way).
rivereye wrote:

Heh, I can understand you were busy building for your site. Not a problem. Smile

Workin on that php book so I can start making a login system, so I can start in on making something that would allow staff to edit things... I just don't really think I would want to use the phpbb forums, since they are getting too easily hammered with bots.

And with the new staff, I would really, really, really like to get that admin CP up soon...

Need to set up a way for the links manager to more easily edit and save the links.txt file, a way for the programmers to look into their folder for their projects, etc...
I still think you should switch to phpBB and let me implement user stuff wit my system via that.
it all can happen later, but I think tifreak8x needs to make the decision he thinks is right.
The TIFW forums has practically died again, and I really don't want to lose all the posts. I planned on making a sign-in system, if I can ever get that far with the php book... <.<

And phpbb has too many problems, especially with bots. Heck, I was able to ban a bot today that logged in while I was on, and I was able to get its IP very easily.

So for right now, I will simply make a log in system, and begin working from there...

Rivereye, if you have suggestions and what not, that would be greatly appreciated. Smile
Yeah, I check in there every so often. It's mainly just staff projects. Having a programmer based there should do a little to bring people in.
For archiving: are the programs moved to and hosted at TIFW or are they linked to?
i can help with programming in ti-basic and can help with archiving
Files (As long as they are reasonably sized...) are stored on the site. There are tons of files to add, William White has given me permission, and the maker of duke nukem 68k has also given permission for the rest of his files... Smile
tifreak8x: You have your hosting through Calcgames, right? How much space and bandwidth do they provide? I thought it was a decent amount.
I could help with programming, if you want.

I do not want to join another company, however, because I have been with Penguin Studios for 3 years now, and I founded it, and we are starting to get more people Smile

Basically, I will program stuff for you, and give it to you for your archives, if you will put a link to Penguin Studios website: http://www.urzun.com/ps/news.htm

As long as you give us credit for them, I will give you all the programs you want, and add a link for you to our site/to our readmes and mention it to some people at school.

As for creating a separate subforum for programmers, you could, but I would like it for Penguin Studios, not me personally, and I don't know how often I would update it...
I'll add you to the links section.
How imperative is the HTML knowledge?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours