TI-Freakware is looking for people who would like to join the staff and fill in several areas that are currently open. These positions are:

Archiver

Links Manager

Tutorial writer

Programmers

Community News 'reporter'

The job the archivers would have is to play random calc games found across the internet and any that are high in quality that would make a good addition to the site, be added, once you have the author's permission. Usually, the authors of games are more than willing to allow their games to be posted, and with the amount of games that are out there that need to be sifted through, this would take a bit of work. Currently 3 spots are open for this position.

Links Manager is a fairly simple job. What is required in this position is the go through the list of links and check to see if they are still good on a regular basis (like once a month). Also, it would be your job to scour the internet when you have time and see if you can find any site related to calcs that have not been added to the database. There is only one spot open for this position.

Tutorial writiers would do just as the name says, write tutorials for any language on the calcs they know. You can also go around, and archive others tutorials, pending you get author's permission, which for the most part the tutorials available, the authors are no longer around. There are 3 spots available for this position.

TI-Freakware is always looking for calculator programmers to host. What this entials is your own subforum on the forums, a folder for you to host betas, screenshots, etc. You can also make your own projects pages You also retain your individuality, you are simply programming under the TI-Freakware banner. You would of course need to include TI-Freakware and a link back to the site in your readmes of games that you make while being hosted by this site. The number of positions for this spot is 15, since we have plenty of room at the moment. Smile

Community News 'reporter' goes around and gets the latest happenings in the TI-Community, be it French, English, etc. (Simply using a translator from google.) You would then either make your own 'story' about the news item, or you can quote the original post. There are 2 spots open for this position.

If you are interested in any of these positions, and would like to signup or just ask questions about them, please feel free to email me at tifreak8x@hotmail.com. The only stipulations for this is that you have to know html, at least the basics of it anyways... The positions are not full time, and I understand that you have a life outside of calculators, so please do not let that dissuade you from the positions. Smile Thank you for your interest, and please help keep this site active.
tifreak8x wrote:
you have a life outside of calculators.
orly?
Wink

which one would be most helpful for you to have filled?
Currently Archives and Tutorials are in great demand... And the archive project of TIFW has always been to weed out the crap games of ticalc.org... which coincides with what you were wanting to do, to a smaller extent. Wink

But anything that would show some site activity would be great. Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
Currently Archives and Tutorials are in great demand... And the archive project of TIFW has always been to weed out the crap games of ticalc.org... which coincides with what you were wanting to do, to a smaller extent. Wink

But anything that would show some site activity would be great. Smile

archives ftw.
So, you would like to officially join in that capacity? Smile

Also, I don't exactly have an awesome system set up like Kerm has, but it is not all that hard to deal with either. If you are willing, I will explain in detail how the archives are updated. Smile
Hmmm, sounds like fun. I might be doing some o' dis myself soon.
Sounds interesting Smile

Archiver
Links Manager

sound good, but not sure if I would be able to do it. Depends on schedule. I am good at making tutorials but I do not have a very wide veriety of tutorial subjects to write about.

Whats the pay? 0x5
I could be a link manager if you'd like.
Yeah, links manager sounds manageable. I'm gonna need a file manager for here.
Quote:
Hmmm, sounds like fun. I might be doing some o' dis myself soon.

Hehe, yeah, it makes it nicer if more poeple are helping with things. Smile

Quote:
Sounds interesting Smile

Archiver
Links Manager

sound good, but not sure if I would be able to do it. Depends on schedule. I am good at making tutorials but I do not have a very wide veriety of tutorial subjects to write about.

Whats the pay? Razz

Well, as stated in the post, you do it when you have time. TIFW was meant to get rid of the crap of the community, and give a one-stop-shop place to get calc games and what not..

Quote:
I could be a link manager if you'd like.

Really? That would be great. Smile That job is by far the easiest, though there are over 200 links in the db that needs to be checked, and new sites are cropping up all the time... Smile I will PM you with more info in a bit.
I might be able to do Archiving, but I need to get my link cable working and find out were my calc ran off to Crying
Dan: I'm thinking of writing you a script for your admin panel to automatically check the integrity of your link collection by finding broken or redirected links.
admin panel? What admin panel?? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Its ok, since I know you are way behind on your projects as well. Now your archive system, is there anything special it needs, cause I wouldn't mind getting my grubby hands on that... Razz Smile
It pretty much requires phpBB to function properly - it uses the user system to govern the authors.
i might help with archiving, and could help with programming
If by "programmers" you mean php, html, css, js people, I'd be happy to help out in that respect.
I'm willing to help with everything...but I don't have the kind of time to do any tutorials. What language are you wanting for programming?
Same here, what sort of programming?
But I'd also be happy to help with news reporting.
90% of the time its going to be PHP
Umm, Well, I meant more so calc programmers, but hey, if someone would like to help make an actual system using php with what I am doing, once I get that far, that would be great.

But mostly, I meant calc programmers...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours