Hello,

I Apologize if this is the wrong board to post on.

I have used Ptune2 by sentaro21 to try overclocking my calculator.
While running the tests I noticed something strange: my calculator supposedly reached clocks of up to 7.7GHz Very Happy . At one point the screen started showing strange rainbow artifacts which I am guessing is a problem with RAM. Once it finished it looked like it was fine, but once I pressed a button it suddenly crashed.

Now once I boot into it I get the error:

System ERROR
ADDRESS(R)
TARGET = 555C006D
PC = 8C15FFB8

I press exit to reboot and it reboots back into the same error.
What I have tried:
Reflashing the OS using F2 + 4 + AC/ON + Restart combo. This seemed to work fine but the calculator still reboots into the same error.
I cleared all of the flash storage, which didn't help either.

I can boot into examination mode with no issues, I even backed up all of my files and it works perfectly fine.

Any help/suggestions? Thank you.
Have you done reset/initialise all from the main menu’s settings?

Also try Press the RESTART button plus [OPTN]+[EXP]+[AC/ON] and hold all down.
Release the RESTART button
Wait until the screen becomes white.
Now release the remaining three keys.
Note: not pressing the restart button opens the diagnostic mode.
Now press and hold [MENU]. A menu will appear:
[F1] will Erase User Flash Area, clearing flash memory from 0xA0C00000 to 0xA2000000.
Thank you very much for replying!

amazonka wrote:
Have you done reset/initialise all from the main menu’s settings?

I cannot do this because I can't boot into the OS. All I can do is enter examination mode which works fine, but there you can't change any settings whatsoever.

EDIT: Is the system partition split into two parts? Separate for the examination mode and the "main" os? It's weird to see examination mode working fine, calculation works flawlessly too.

amazonka wrote:
Also try Press the RESTART button plus [OPTN]+[EXP]+[AC/ON] and hold all down.
Release the RESTART button
Wait until the screen becomes white.
Now release the remaining three keys.
Note: not pressing the restart button opens the diagnostic mode.
Now press and hold [MENU]. A menu will appear:
[F1] will Erase User Flash Area, clearing flash memory from 0xA0C00000 to 0xA2000000.

It stops erasing at Adr: A1FE0000 no matter how long I hold it. Then I restart the calculator. The dialog shows "one moment please" before it reboots and then goes back to the same error Sad
Weird indeed - A1FE is probably fine as it is probably screen not updating to A200 - what I would try are other options on that menu besides F1 too. Also after doing those erases perhaps another emergency os update
amazonka wrote:
what I would try are other options on that menu besides F1 too

This worked perfectly! I did all of the options in the menu and it booted right into the calculator setup. Thank you very much! I will be more careful next time tinkering with software like PTune2 Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours