http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/PCTrialResults1.aspx?s=151&refer=%2Fwindowsvista%

32bit and 64bit versions are available, all you need is a windows Live accound (hotmail, etc...) to get a product key
Sweet. I'm all over that. Cool

I don't know about you, but I'm getting 350Kb/s. Tasty. Smile
hmm, sweetness. I might have to try it out (btw, the info you use for MSN Messenger works also).
In my opinion, RC1 is actually worse than Beta 2. Sure, the device drivers don't crash the system anymore, but program compatibility is waaaay down. I can't even play FEAR now! I think when I end up buying some windoze, I'll stick with XP pro...
Well, my download is done. I'll probably put it on a dvd, and try it out. I wonder what will happen if I put it on one of those new computers the school got this year. They didn't realize I had ubuntu on one of them last year, I doubt they'll realize this. Very Happy Evil or Very Mad
Hmmm... idea... the new computers they got this year have a boot menu in the BIOS! Haha! I'll be able to run ubuntu, although it might be a little conspicious, due to them having internal speakers that I can't figure out how to turn off...
Oh, yea I forgot to mention that they didn't even bother to password protect the bios this year, so we didn't even have to bother with resetting the CMOS and all that crap.

They did limit the privileges so severly that no one (including teachers) can write to the C:. That's a problem, so my Java class can't even install the JDK or netbeans in order to start programming. She told a group of us (the ones she knows are capable of getting around it) to find a way to bypass it if we could. Tomorrow I'm coming in with an Ubuntu live disk, Windows Vista Disk, and a little hacking disk that's probably against the TOS to discuss what it's capable of. Fun fun fun tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad
Try booting into safe mode on the comp and change the NTFS permissions (if you can use the admin account on the computers).

Also, it seems the M$ might buy Yahoo.
Chipmaster wrote:
and a little hacking disk that's probably against the TOS to discuss what it's capable of. Fun fun fun tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad

you want to PM me a download link?
yes, I might want to look at it too.
That does sound like fun (I love the idea of hacking with permission Cool )
Harq wrote:
That does sound like fun (I love the idea of hacking with permission Cool )

perhaps Cemetech should host a wargames server Very Happy Cool
I've said too much. The disk was given to me by a hacker, who got it from a hacker and so on. I wouldn't be respecting the legacy if I were to just give it to everyone. So there's no download link, elf.

However, if you really want it, come on AIM in the next 15 minutes and maybe we can work something out. Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
They did limit the privileges so severly that no one (including teachers) can write to the C:. That's a problem, so my Java class can't even install the JDK or netbeans in order to start programming. She told a group of us (the ones she knows are capable of getting around it) to find a way to bypass it if we could. Tomorrow I'm coming in with an Ubuntu live disk, Windows Vista Disk, and a little hacking disk that's probably against the TOS to discuss what it's capable of. Fun fun fun tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad

Ah...memories...Rolling Eyes

Also, you might want to try out JTR...
Back on topic...

I am downloading it now (24% - would be 48%, but Opera crashed, so now I am using the dl manager). It is going at around 90 kbs (how do you guys get so fast connections?)
very carfully. Probably just a faster connection to server, that or less people on at that time.
Harq wrote:
It is going at around 90 kbs (how do you guys get so fast connections?)

I'm only getting 101, usually in the low 300s, so something is up... Options:
-Cache State
-Server usage
-Client-side usage
I'm guessing since it was just released today (possibly this afternoon), it's a combo of lack of cache and server usage.
I'm glad I got it when I did. I was getting 350Kb/s.
well about the question of booting another OS on school i and a friend of mine have done it with wininternal's for getting the sam file and key then we crack the key using an hack tool and for last we login with asmin right's is not dificult all you have to do is restart your bios for that or you take the battery bios or you reset it with the pin or you could you an program for that... well an teatcher almost got us but we tell him that we are emulating windows xp on windows 2000 as the teatcher doesn't understood we haven't bored us...
Yes, resetting the CMOS will do that... but the boot menu on my school's computers aren't password protected, so I'm going to put Feather Linux on my flash drive and try that out some time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours