It seems like the CE always reports 0 bytes of free RAM when linking, regardless of how much free space there actually is. The archive is fine, it's only the RAM with an issue.
I'm curious if this is affecting everyone, and if so, how nobody has noticed prior to this point.
It seems like the DUSB parameter 14 just returns 0 no matter what, at least on my OS version.

Screenshots:

while we're at it, that's an extremely derpy-looking CE right there - all the buttons are the wrong size

Let me know if this affects your calculator, too, I'm curious.
I've had this happen before. On Mac, Windows, and Linux. I couldn't send anything to RAM to test things out even with the archive being full. I wiped the calculator completely and reinstalled the OS. I also re-installed the software as well and it helped. Maybe it could help you too!
Retrieving the DUSB_PID_FREE_RAM parameter is disabled in most places since an edit buffer might be open eating potentially all of ram even if there is plenty of space left. It is only enabled in two places, the link menu and the mode menu.
This happened to my Ti-84 Plus, today, although I saw 0 bytes in the Mem Mgmt/Del menu. I think something weird happened when editing a program in Doors CS7 (probably leading to something highly unrelated).
To be clear: the calculator is freshly reset and has plenty of memory. It shows 152717 in the memory management menu, but 0 in TI-Connect and every other utility that uses the OS's USB protocol. I can still send programs to it just fine, it's operating normally.

jacobly wrote:
Presumably you are testing on the homescreen. However, retrieving the amount of free ram is disabled on the homescreen since an edit buffer is open eating potentially all of ram even if there is plenty of space left.

Yeah, I was only testing it on the homescreen. From the mode menu, I can get an accurate number.
commandblockguy wrote:
jacobly wrote:
Presumably you are testing on the homescreen. However, retrieving the amount of free ram is disabled on the homescreen since an edit buffer is open eating potentially all of ram even if there is plenty of space left.

Yeah, I was only testing it on the homescreen. From the mode menu, I can get an accurate number.

That's interesting.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours