I know, I know. There's about a bajillion different versions of NIM out there. But this one's better. Why? Because it's extremely customizable. Or at least, it will be. Once I finish the second release... In any case, I'm publishing the first version to the Cemetech Archives; you can find it here.

This is my first original game ever, so please test it out and see what you think, and don't roast me for accidentally clearing your RAM. (It didn't clear mine...)
(Here are the patch notes I wrote for v1.0.1 -- you can find the new version here: https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/2199/x2471)

Oops. I goofed. (Again.) Fixed a fatal error on startup and compressed the program somewhat, along with removing any unnecessary parts (like the text at the beginning that was supposed to be sprites -- but I haven't actually taken the time to port it to ICE yet. Just hold you horses, okay? Also, please pardon my atrocious spelling. It's all my keyboard's fault.) I am also working on a one-player AI mode and fixing the pile generator. If you get a crappy seed, I'm sorry. Just reboot the program; it should generate a new seed. Also added the (very un-compressed) "DEV" version, which will be maintained parallel with the normal version. It's basically a more readable version than the normal, at the expense of about a kilobyte or so of space. Furthermore, the game can tell when you try to ake a non-whole number of stones and prevents you from doing so by throwing the "Sad Try again..." error and returning you to the stones screen.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours