Don't worry about that, it's just a simple buffer issue. Nothing bad will happen to your calculator, it's only a graphical problem (and will be resolved in 2.0.0, since the whole GUI is getting a rewrite).
I have a strange graphical bug when using Vysion shell. I dont know how to put the gifs in so here is a recording. when I use atomas and then quit, I get a glitch and a ram reset. this has happened multiple times. Not sure why.
Link to recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eyZdo2MHUSw7fApCB-n3VugzTwNu34X4/view?usp=sharing

The video is in google drive and says its processing, I think it will be done soon..
to display gifs or pictures, just upload them to https://imgbb.com and copy/paste the bbcode which the website provides.
That's because you've renamed VYSION to AVYSION. In order for the reloader to work correctly, the name of the program needs to be VYSION. Otherwise, it won't be able to find the program, and it will probably jump to some undefined memory, causing the corruption seen in the video.

I should probably prevent users from editing any properties of the program itself (and add some kind of error handling to prevent that from happening in the first place)...
Thanks randomguy, I will do that next time. Got it epsilon5, I renamed it and it worked. I renamed it so it would show up higher in my program list, is there another way to do this?
since its name starts with a v, it will probably be at the end of the program list, so you could just arrow backwards with the menu wrap.
arusher999 wrote:
Thanks randomguy, I will do that next time. Got it epsilon5, I renamed it and it worked. I renamed it so it would show up higher in my program list, is there another way to do this?

Well I don't know if you found it, but the feature that you're probably looking for is the alpha jumping feature. Try pressing [alpha], and then the key that corresponds to the letter that you want to jump to. There is also a sorting feature in 1.9.0, but unfortunately that hasn't been released and probably never will be at this point.
Quote:
I renamed it so it would show up higher in my program list, is there another way to do this?
You can do what Cesium did before it was an app. Create a new program and just name it A.
Then just add the code Asm(prgmVYSION You can find the program by pressing [prgm] then scroll over to 'EXEC' and press [enter] on Vysion.
Woah, its magic, that is really helpful epsilon 5, I have a ton of programs so thats cool. Thanks!
Yep, TheLastMillenial's solution would work as well. In addition, there's a hook feature in 1.9.0, which allows you to press [on][prgm] to start the program very quickly and without having to go into the program menu.
EDIT: And it will be present in 2.0.0 as well.
got it, thanks. those replies were really fast, lol!
Hi, just another quick question. Is there a way for VYSION to start on right after turning the calculator on? I know Cesium has something like this but you need to press 2 buttons simultaneously. Is this possible? Also, will the next version of VYSION have a RAM/Archive backup option? That would be pretty cool. Just want to know about up and coming features, this shell is super cool. Thanks! Very Happy
arusher999 wrote:
Hi, just another quick question. Is there a way for VYSION to start on right after turning the calculator on? I know Cesium has something like this but you need to press 2 buttons simultaneously. Is this possible? Also, will the next version of VYSION have a RAM/Archive backup option? That would be pretty cool. Just want to know about up and coming features, this shell is super cool. Thanks! Very Happy

Yes, the start hook feature is already implemented and working, just not in a public release version (as I said a few messages ago). As for the backup features, they are planned but not yet started.
Got it, sorry must not have seen that message.
*Bump* Any updates?
arusher999 wrote:
*Bump* Any updates?

Nothing to share currently, unfortunately. However, I have been continuing work on OPTIX 3 and have now started the rewrite of VYSION as well. I'll post an update when I have one, and it will probably be a pretty big one when it comes.
That sounds good, awesome job on the progress made so far! Very Happy
arusher999 wrote:
That sounds good, awesome job on the progress made so far! Very Happy

Thanks! I'm making steady progress on the filesystem, and will have an update on that later. Things are going much more quickly this time around, which is somewhat unsurprising. I'm hoping that the time I took to rewrite OPTIX will also pay off in the long run-I think that should allow the graphical aspect of the shell to be created much faster compared to the previous system (or hard-coding it).
Hey there, just had to come back from the dead to say that I love the work you're doing here. It's very nostalgic to me, reminiscent of the old Doors 7 in 2010. I was always a fan of the cursor GUI, it was goofy and pointless on a device with a horribly slow LCD and no mouse, but so very cool. And I did once connect an USB mouse to my calculator and use it that way, though it wasn't useful enough to do very often. Anyways, this app almost makes me want to own a CE on it's own!
My apologies for not checking out this program earlier!

I just tried it out on my own CE, and I've got to say it's very very impressive! You should be proud!

I did have it freeze up on me once though, it got stuck on the Finding wallpapers screen for some reason and I had to reset the calculator. But after that, the program and wallpapers worked flawlessly.

Some other things I noticed:
-You can't hold down the arrow keys to move around in any of the menus, which I find pretty annoying.
-The clock is very flashy when you expand it.
-12pm gets displayed as 0:00 if you're not in 24 hour mode...
-There is no padding 0 on the seconds when it's like 11:07:02 or something, instead it shows 11:07:2
-I feel like if you have the clock expanded but are trying to open a different menu, it should close the clock automatically instead of you having to close the clock yourself
-Not sure about this, but it would be nice if the brightness setting updated as you are changing it instead of when you're done changing it

Anyway, I'm sure you're working on much more important things than any of this but I just thought I'd let you know my thoughts! Awesome work on everything again!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours