Just got the approval of the release.

Here is the dload for it:
Winter in Blocktopia.zip

It also came with a save file called Base.save, that loads 2 pieces that make the ice solid, I put them in the perfect spot, you may want it Wink

Very Happy Screeny!

I have not made the waterfall solid yet, but am working on it. The ice is solid and does not wave.

With out loading the Base.save file your dude will bounce when he hits the water like crazy, so you may want the to load it. I tried to cut the bouncing to a minimum, and think I did a good job of it. In the next release, I am going to have the 2 pieces pre-loaded, as in, in the .mis file. But right now, just stick with the save file loading. 0x5. Hope you all like it! Very Happy

Also, what do I have to do to get this on the TBM website Razz ? Or is that just for staff maps?

old post wrote:
Before making my own map, of course I had to get used to to texturing and changing the terrain. I finished not long ago, Winter in Blocktopia, in fact I think I have a server running right now with that map on it.

The following are changes made to the original Blocktopia:
  • Changed some basic terrain (added differant areas to build)
  • Changed alot of the textures to snow in most places and on the lower area snow covered grass
  • Put down more platforms in places like an area I made near the mouth of the water fall, and also some other areas.
  • Also added some snow percipitation

I am not releasing the dload of it just yet, since I dont have permission from gobbles to release it yet. If anyone knows how to get ahold of gobbles then please let me know.

Screenies Coming Soon.
Pix plox, as you said. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Thanks Kerm, I found Gobbles, and am talking to him about releasing it.

Should have the answer soon, hopefuly. Depending on how often he gets on Mix-Networks.
He checks every once in a while. For a more rapid answer, try #blockworld on irc.irctoo.net
Ok thanks Kerm. How you like it? Have you joined the server?
I'm in. Here are my suggestions:

Freeze the waterfall
Freeze the river
Make the green "grass" mixed snow and dirt instead
add precipitation (I can help you with that one)
SAX wrote:
14:11:04 swivelgames: what you mean add precipitation?
14:11:08 swivelgames: I added snow I thought
14:11:10 swivelgames: =/
14:11:29 KermMartian: I saw none....
14:11:35 swivelgames: orly?
14:11:37 swivelgames: thats odd
14:11:44 swivelgames: I will check that once I get honme
14:11:48 swivelgames: but when I started the server
14:11:56 swivelgames: The percipitation was fine on it
14:12:07 swivelgames: maybe my computer is screwing up
14:12:08 swivelgames: lol

I will keep you all updated as I update the map.
You got it. Good luck with your first map.
hmm, maybe I should create a map of my own. What does it take to make a map?
rivereye wrote:

if you are doing an interior map, you should get QuArK, other than that, nothing special.
elfprince13 wrote:
rivereye wrote:

if you are doing an interior map, you should get QuArK, other than that, nothing special.
Yup, all you need are .png or .jpg textures (png prefereable for quality), a map to modify or use as a starting point, and the F11 world editor.
Just got the approval of the release.

View updated first post for more info.
River looks better, but I'm still unhappy with the grass. Oh, and you need a more overcast sky now imo.
is this gonna get released on thebettermod.com ?
elfprince13 wrote:
is this gonna get released on thebettermod.com ?
We try to add all decent maps. In general, though, we tend to only add original maps, not mods of other maps.
hmm, could I get DM-Battleroom released?
Sure, zip it up, make some screenies, and put it on here. I'll add it to tbm.com from the topic.
awesome, will do.
Good stuff. So Swivel, any progress since yesterday on this?
/me thinks he needs to make a snoww texture for the ground, and make the sky overcast.... and add the ski resort Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours