The Tari wrote:
Openlib( and Execlib(!

84+ only, actually, I like foamy's idea, but you could have lowercase letters in the name so it wouldn't conflict with a real program....

like asm(prgmDoorscs6
The Tari wrote:
Openlib( and Execlib(!

Those were my first thoughts. 83+'s don't have them, though, and they're not very well documented...
elfprince13 wrote:
The Tari wrote:
Openlib( and Execlib(!

84+ only, actually, I like foamy's idea, but you could have lowercase letters in the name so it wouldn't conflict with a real program....

like asm(prgmDoorscs6

That is the problem, the calc will not register a lowercase name like that, and will not execute it. Sad
tifreak8x wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
The Tari wrote:
Openlib( and Execlib(!

like asm(prgmDoorscs6

That is the problem, the calc will not register a lowercase name like that, and will not execute it. Sad

I don't know much about assembly, but I'd imagine there's a way to check if there is already a program with a specified name. If there is a prgmA1, make it prgmA2, or prgmA3... and so on...
Yeah, RESOURCE does this, by keeping track of the TEMP number in an asm program.
I hate to tell you guys this, but Openlib doesn't work with lowercase either. Sad
You can OpenLib() the App, you know....
KermMartian wrote:
You can OpenLib() the App, you know....

yeah, but you dont have an interface to use with ExecLib yet do you? and its also 84+ only, see my suggestion earlier.
And I already said that lowercase letters dont work with Openlib.
Yeaaahhh.... you're right about that. Is that really that important that BASIC have access to the GUI routines? Shock It seems to me that the nature of BASIC makes it very difficult to use the GUI routines effectively.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeaaahhh.... you're right about that. Is that really that important that BASIC have access to the GUI routines? Shock It seems to me that the nature of BASIC makes it very difficult to use the GUI routines effectively.

You're probably right, but if someone saw a screenshot of an awesome BASIC program and they needed DCS to run it, it would draw in a lot more downloads for DCS and most likely convert some more BASIC programmers over to DCS BASIC.
True, true. Actually, I might be more likely to libicate (Laughing) Cn2 than the GUI at this point.
Yeah, good idea! Cn2 would be more useful, and probably a little easier to work with. Maybe gCn while you're at it?
Now _that_ would be pretty impressive: massively multiplayer BASIC gaming Shock
I dont think the GUI routines are that important, but perhaps you could allow Basic programs to call ANY DCS routines, by taking a list with the value of address for it and values for all the registers.....
Hmmm, interesting idea. And the page that the routine is on, of course. The problem with that is as versions change and morph, the addresses move all over the place; that's the beauty of a vector table.
KermMartian wrote:
Hmmm, interesting idea. And the page that the routine is on, of course. The problem with that is as versions change and morph, the addresses move all over the place; that's the beauty of a vector table.

which you already have of course Cool
Eeeexactly. So how about an index in the vector table + register values? That's not a bad idea.... Shock
KermMartian wrote:
Eeeexactly. So how about an index in the vector table + register values? That's not a bad idea.... Shock

I believe thats how the USB8x Open/ExecLib works, but instead have a program that gets copied into memory so that we can use Asm() instead and make it 83+ compatible. You'd also need some way of passing sprite data, and text though......a call that will copy hex data into saferam, translate it from a TI-OS string to actual HEX, and return the address to be passed as a register value in Ans
Exactly. This will definitely bear a bit of thought. We'd need to develop the idea some more before I decide to implement it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours