Having allergies to nuts is common amongst people, and for processed foods that they may not have tried before, some of them say "May contain nuts" or "contains traces of nuts".

My question is: Is there such a way to create a piece of digital technology (that could be used in a machine) that runs an algorithm to scan a candy bar, protein bar, etc, for traces of various nuts? Or is that just something a computer can't automate?

(I know this is more of a calculator programming site, but I thought there might be some experts in overall technological innovation. I just want to know if it is possible, not necessarily advise others to work on such a project.)
Yes
Someone bumped my obscure thread to advertise? Don't people usually advertise on new posts?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours