I want to make a port of my 5-instruction set computer system (based on the wdr paper computer).

This is a mockup of what I would like the user interface to look like:

I have a printout of the entire dcs7.2 sdk manual, so I was using that along side TokenIDE's gui designer.

Here's what I got:

Code:
sum(11,1
sum(9,0,255
sum(9,15,14,0,9,50,0,"TEXTMULTI
sum(9,12,75,1,255,0,255
sum(9,12,75,10,255,0,255
sum(9,12,75,19,255,0,255
sum(9,12,76,29,255,0,255
sum(9,12,76,38,255,0,255
sum(10,

(also I don't know how to pause the program so I can actually see the screen for more than .1 seconds).

I have several questions:

1. How do I make the font small like it is in Document DE?
2. How do I parse text line by line?
3. How do I update the register text boxes? I didn't see a "name" field for them in the manual.

I have other questions but these are the burning ones.

I do know how to program, I use python and c/c++ all the time at work and I know a bit of atmel and myriad shave assembly. I'm just completely lost when it comes to dcs basic.

***EDIT***
Here's an idea of what I want the software to do. I want it to emulate a 5 instruction set machine.
Here's a python program I made last night (stop button doesn't work, can't guarantee its stability) (needs pyqt5)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3r9fe9l972ugbl/main.zip?dl=0
Here's the theory on it:
https://pastebin.com/F6AYh1yx
Sounds cool! I'm not quite sure what you're asking for help though. Would you mind going into further detail?

EDIT:
Ok that was really dumb of me. I just saw that you had asked specific questions.

theprogrammingcube wrote:

I'm not sure what you meant in the lower two questions, and this one I'm also a bit confused about. Do you mean using lowercase? I thought that the text in DocDE was the same size as it is using the "Text(" command, but maybe I'm wrong. If you're wondering how to input text on the graph screen, you'll either need to program it yourself or find a program that helps you do that. For some ideas about writing it yourself, check out the source of my TI-Terminal project.
TIny_Hacker wrote:

theprogrammingcube wrote:

I'm not sure what you meant in the lower two questions, and this one I'm also a bit confused about. Do you mean using lowercase? I thought that the text in DocDE was the same size as it is using the "Text(" command, but maybe I'm wrong. If you're wondering how to input text on the graph screen, you'll either need to program it yourself or find a program that helps you do that. For some ideas about writing it yourself, check out the source of my TI-Terminal project.

Thanks! I'll check it out now.
I thought that using something like a multiline text box would be ideal, because the function is already there and I don't need to do much in the way of making one. However, I saw that in the DCS Gui designer, the text was the same as the TI Large font, not the TI Small font http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/83smfont

I was hoping by using doorscs7 function calls, the GUI would be easy to make. I have the manual printed out, but it seems all the doorscs gui programs are made in assembly, not basic, so I am having trouble finding working examples.
DCS Basic is normal Basic with more features. In case you were confused, you use things like "sum(" and "det(" to run special DCS functions. It takes a while to get used to though, but I'm sure with some trial and error you'll figure it out. You can look at my Cow Clicker program (find it on my author page) if you want to see some examples of how the functions are used. (I didn't put in comments though, so it is a bit confusing) If you have experience with Celtic III or XLib, it is basically the same.
Ah, thanks! I'll look at that too. Hopefully I can have something somewhat put together in the near future.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours