It's that time again, Minecrafters, to take on the Halloween themed mansion raid!

Some rules:

No elytra, enderpearls, or chorus fruit. Your inventory will be checked and these items will be discarded.

No friend killing. You will need all the help you can get to survive this thing, so don't kill teammates!

Diamond armor is the highest you can take with you. Feel free to enchant to your heart's delight, but you cannot take in the new armor in 1.16 to this event.

If something gets destroyed that would normally allow you to advance to the next stage, that's it. You're pretty much done. It's your job to clear each room.

Death sends you packing home, so you'll be stuck with nothing but tricks and whatever treats your teammates might end up sharing with you.

You need a minimum of 3 people, with 4 being the maximum. 5 is just right out and will not be allowed.

There will be no check points. I know this was discussed, however, the point of this game is an all out treasure hunt. You and your team can choose to leave at any time and miss out on the final loot. You still get some good stuff along the way.

Keep your experiences to yourself, at least for the time being. (Perhaps until December?) Also, if you do the recording thing, please feel free to record! Just please wait until December to post so it isn't spoiled for everyone.

Now, it requires an admin level person to set up the world based off the main one I created for players to ravage. Please understand that this also limits when our admins can set up the world for you guys to play in.

I personally can only be online from around 6PM to 7PM EST to start a match (the overall event should last around 3ish hours for the full thing, less if you skip out on areas) which gives us a chance to monitor how the game is progressing. Other admins may be more available to assist at other times, so once you have your teams together, please post here in a topic to announce who is in a team and wants to take on this challenge! We will do what we can to work out times. (Sundays offers a LOT more availability for myself, basically all day. Saturdays typically after 2PM EST once we set that up).

Hoping that we can start something up by 10/31/20 to run on Halloween. I will also be running this through November for people to try to get a better day to run it for your team. You also only get to run it through once.

A member of staff can also join in your cause if you are short 1 person. We however, are nothing more than a body with a sword, with no intentions of giving anything away, and will of course happily take loot given to us by the players. :p

Questions? Please feel free to ask away!

I look forward to seeing you guys give this event a try! ^_^
I need a team! I am usually on around 2:30 to 3:00 PM EST, on weekdays, but I can also see what I can make fit into my schedule. Also: Are Golden/Enchanted Apples allowed? (And Totems of Undying)?
I'm also interested in playing. I can probably make most weekdays after 5 PM Eastern or at basically any time on weekends, given a few days' notice.
I can also provide fully enchanted armor and weapons, as well as potions and other items, for my teammates, if necessary.

Are boats still banned too? :p
I'll definitely try. Can we bring shulker boxes? Will we be placed in adventure mode? I'd consider bringing a potioning kit. Can we bring netherite tools, especially swords?
I would love to do a team with commandz, Dnar, and maybe one other (TIny if he is available?)

I am available most weekdays after around 4pm eastern (except for Mondays and Thursdays and Fridays, which I am basically unavailable on). On weekends I am pretty much always available during the hours most sane people are awake Wink
Answering questions!

1: All apple types and totems are allowed!

2: Yes, boats are banned. :p

3: Shulker boxes won't work, since you'll be in adventure mode and can't place/break them. Part of the challenge is trying to manage your inventory while playing this, might have to make sacrifices as you go..

4: All equipment should be at diamond level, since Netherite really wasn't a thing when this was all constructed, and I'm not sure how to modify things to counter those armor and tooling types, as of yet.
I'd like to join the team with Phoenix, commandz, and DrDnar if possible, just pick a time and I'll join if it works for me. Otherwise I'll try to find a different team. 4 PM EST might work for me, but I might have to leave halfway through. I'm also not sure what to do if I lose all my stuff...
EDIT
Saturdays between 2 and 4 PM EST work best for me.
OK, I heard a forum post was needed so here it is:

My team (Me, DrDnar, commandz, and _iPhoenix_) would like to do the mansion at 12 Noon on Saturday October 31st, 2020. Hopefully that's what you need, let me know if it's not. Razz
Pizza and Kerm would like to play together either Saturday or some evening next week, TBD.
KermMartian wrote:
Pizza and Kerm would like to play together either Saturday or some evening next week, TBD.

Awesome to hear! If you need another person to play, similar to how I ran with you guys the first time to just fill a slot, let me know, hopefully we can sync up a time. Smile
Great fun was had by all. tifreak8x and comic filled in on Pizza and my team as warm bodies, tifreak8x resisted the temptation to give hints, and comic (true to form) repeatedly died. We also had quite the Peanut Gallery of assorted spectators to add their encouragement and mockery as needed. I'm proud to say that other than comic's deaths, we succeeded in making it all the way through, despite a number of new and ingenious tricks and traps. I may also have discovered a few workarounds that were strictly within the letter of the rules, if perhaps not strictly the spirit of the rules. We got some verrrrrry cool loot, and you should try the Mansion out to get some loot of your own. Don't forget to come prepared.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours