I want to enter the contest, and I can do ICE on 84 CE.

Does anyone want to join me?
I could join... But I'm kind of busy these days and I'm not very good at ICE.
Michael0x18 wrote:
I could join... But I'm kind of busy these days and I'm not very good at ICE.

Ok so what languages are you best at and on what?
I know C, I've dabbled in C for the 84PCE, I know it for the TI-68K calculators, (from which Lionel Debroux says the C sdk for the PCE is based on), I can program in Java, TI-BASIC, Newprog, PASCAL, and python. (And on computers)
I could probably do ICE on the 84 plus ce, but I would have to look stuff up a lot.
C on the 84 plus CE would be fine, since the docs are available online.

I've been kind of busy with schoolwork recently, so I might not be able to do as much as I want to.
Michael0x18 wrote:
I know C, I've dabbled in C for the 84PCE, I know it for the TI-68K calculators, (from which Lionel Debroux says the C sdk for the PCE is based on), I can program in Java, TI-BASIC, Newprog, PASCAL, and python. (And on computers)
I could probably do ICE on the 84 plus ce, but I would have to look stuff up a lot.
C on the 84 plus CE would be fine, since the docs are available online.

I've been kind of busy with schoolwork recently, so I might not be able to do as much as I want to.

Ok C on 84 CE sounds great! I'm starting a program now to test with, and I'll try my compiler to see if it compiles correctly, then I can start.

Do you want to partner with me if we do C?
Sure, I'll be using the TI-planet emulator and compiler.

What could the idea be?
Well, I'm thinking like a scrolling-style world exploration game. I just don't know how exactly the textures and stuff will work or look like.
Here are some ideas I just randomly thought up:

A safari type adventure where the player has to complete objectives, such as bringing rare pelts to their "home base" in an effort to outdo their "competitors"

An rpg-type game where the player just has to survive using the items they find. -> Probably similar to what you thought up.

A game where the player controls a lion and has to dodge poachers

A game where the player is trying to climb mount everest and has to pass "levels" by navigating around obstacles, fighting rogue yetis, and the like.
Big plans!!!

Thanks to Michael0x18, we now have a story that I think is great!

Here it is:
Your father was a senior member of the highly exclusive and extremely prestigious Hunter's Club. His collection of rare pelts and trophies was the envy of everyone, especially your uncle Fred. One day, your father went hunting with Fred and vanished. Fred said that he was finally killed by one of the beasts he pursued, and everyone believed him. However, you think your uncle actually killed your father so that he could hold the title of Greatest Hunter. To get revenge, you decide to pursue the title yourself..

We think a Zelda-like theme would be great. I think it's perfect.
Uhh, so we're doing good... but I think something's wrong here...
I already tried changing the transparent color and everything. Someone pls help

what's wrong?
The tiles are the wrong color. They should be a greenish orange.

Code:

output: c
  include-file: gfx.h
  palettes:
    - mypalette
  converts:
    - sprites
palette: mypalette
convert: sprites  palette: mypalette  transparent-color-index: 0  images:    - water.png    - lava.png    - dirt.png ... blah

convimg.yaml

EDIT:

Here's the repo link:
https://github.com/TimmyTurner51/CC24-SurvivalCE/
Hmm...
I don't do C, but maybe if you check your pointers to the sprites you could fix it?
(that's what happens to me most of the time when I mess up sprites in ICE)
EDIT: your config.yaml looks fine to me. Also, I would ask someone whose better at C than I am Smile
Update time!!!

Still needs some work. We had to figure it out ourselves and finally got it working after 1-2 days.
Either way, there you go!

Todo:
- Add a Main Menu
- Implement Player Sprites and Movement
- Implement Maps (they'll probably be hard-coded and not tilemaps)
- Add enemies and their AI, and add other things to top our dessert with a cherry Razz

What do y'all think??
Update time again!!!

Just made a few changes, no player movement yet though.

The player isn't even in the middle yet, but it'll be fixed.

What do you think?

EDIT: It's not actually that glitchy. The red color isn't even noticeable when you're actually playing it. You actually don't see it excet in the screenshot.
Update Time!!!
We've been working hard, and I personally want to thank all those who have helped thus far (seems like everyone)

Anywho, here's a quick update screenshot:

Added:
- Main Menu
- Player Sprite (only forward face and back facing is in the code thus far...)

Still Need To:
- Complete Player movement (zelda-style)
- Finish making the savestate appvar reading and writing.
- Add enemies and implement health mechanics
- Maybe more...
Yess!!! Thanks to so many good and smart friends here on cemetech, not to mention my CC24 partner, I have scraped together a functional map editor exclusively for our CC24 project. Here's a preview:

To-do:
- Fix some of the larger sprites so they aren't so big.
- Implement a way to make a LOT of more "rooms" for the map. One single "room" (basically the whole screen) is only 300 bytes. We can fit around 200(+) rooms in a single appvar before we reach the limit.
- Add help screens, and implement ways to allow characters (the safari-themed animals) to be included in the custom maps. This way, we could to things like making zoos in our maps too.

I appreciate the help, and look forward to hearing from you guys!
Here's our updated TODO list:

- Resize sprites that are too big
- Map scrolling between segments
- Help menu/tutorial
- Sprite/map compression
- Enemies/AI
- Items
- Bosses, etc.
I have a problem with transparent color of sprites.

As you can see, the player sprite, as well as the hearts, all have grey around them. I've tried to figure out the value of the grey color. I need help...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours