Introduction
I'll be teaming up with EverydayCode for CC24: Collaborative Safari (who I also worked with to create Contagion CE in August). Our entry will be a shooter-type game, in which you will play the role of a tail gunner on a Jeep, which has been transported back to prehistoric times. As you drive through the wilderness, you will need to shoot down waves of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures on the ground, in the sea, and in the sky. It will be made in C for the TI-84 Plus CE and TI-83 Premium CE.

Screenshots/Concept art
We have some concept art, which will be posted later today (hopefully around 3:30 PM EST). Screenshots will be added as the project progresses.
EDIT: A little late, but here is the concept art:

To-do
Create game idea: 100%

Conclusion
That's all for now, but please post any feedback you have about the idea itself, and stay tuned for more updates in the near future. Thanks for reading.
It sounds terrible, you should give up Razz

Just kidding, it sounds pretty awesome, good luck!!
Quick bump: posted the concept art, made by EverydayCode. Let us know what you think about it.
I'm assuming this is perspective is on rails or in one place. If so, will there be different locations to hunt in?
We have not dropped out of this contest, and the basic groundwork for our entry has been put in place. Here's a new plan for what we plan on doing in the (very short) amount of time remaining, in the effort of getting something submittable done:
-target movement
-collision detection
-backgrounds
-target rendering (sort of looks like perspective)
I envision this looking something like the target shooting game from Wii Play, and you should sort of be able to see that in the screenshot here (program was run with VYSION CE for those curious, which has taken up much of my free time when I should have been working on this contest entry):

That's all for now, but stay tuned for more updates in the coming days.

EDIT: The heart that was shot in the screenshot is just a placeholder sprite, and will be replaced with real art soon (probably pulled from the public domain images on Google, since that's allowed).
New progress update:

With the two-day extension, we'll definitely be able to finish in time now. All that really remains to be done is to implement enemy sprites and do some playtesting to get the gameplay pacing and stage difficulties right, as well as some form of highscore system. Stay tuned for more updates in the next 2 days!
What's the name of the launcher you're using ? Is this actually on a CE ?
epsilon5 wrote:
program was run with VYSION CE for those curious, which has taken up much of my free time when I should have been working on this contest entry):

VYSION
Flip wrote:
What's the name of the launcher you're using ? Is this actually on a CE ?

The launcher is VYSION, an in-progress shell that I’ve been working on. You can check out the thread for that project with the link KnightsWhoSayNi posted.
EDIT: And yes, it’s for the CE models.
Likely final update on the program:
[added] actual stages
[added] enemy sprites
[added] statistics page
[added] about page
[added] end screen
[added] highscore system

Screenshot:

This program will be submitted for CC24, but it's not up to the normal standards of quality for my archives programs, so it will not be uploaded there.

EDIT: Program has been submitted! Good luck to everyone else taking part in CC24.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours