Platform: z80 calcs in TI-BASIC
Several viewpoints
Over the top
yes yes

Progress: Name, concept, and platform decided, 5% done
We've decided on a name: Jungalia. It'll be for the TI-83+/TI-84+, and have shell compatibility.

The concept is a mix of platforming and stealth(subject to change), with a jungle setting.

The story will be intentionally over-the-top for a somewhat comedic effect.

More details coming soon.
This project now has a github! The repo can be found here.
Here's some rough concept art of the photography sections.

Obviously not color, though Razz
I've worked out the menu, but I have a quick question: Should the edge details on the top and bottom of the screen be removed to make it faster?
Along with some github updates, here's some concept 8x8 sprites of the as of yet unnamed explorer, with the one on the left by TIny_Hacker and the one on the right by me.

Which one do you like best?
Time for a quick update:
-We've scrapped the 2D platforming potions,and are focusing on the top down sections.
-TIny-Hacker has been working on a tile mapper engine for the levels, which you can see an unfinished demo of here:
-The finished product will be more "detailed".
Thanks Oxiti8 for posting my "mockup" Razz ! The tilemap is a lot smoother and also a bit faster on the physical calculator, and what I did really isn't much, I was mainly just figuring out how to use the xLib DrawTileMap thing. But yes, as Oxiti8 said, I am working on jungle-ish maze type maps, and have a tilesheet partially finished.
We're working on the maps now:
- Everything will likely be on one or two large maps due to filesize
- How you traverse said maps will change as the game goes on in a sort of metroidvania fashion
- Data for each map will take up ~ 6000 bytes (obviously subject to change)
- There is an emphasis on maze traversal, with more open areas for photography.
- items you pick up along the way will help you explore more areas within the time limit. ( ex. using a knife to cut tall grass)
- Cutscenes will occur along the way, but differ from level to level.

More details will come in November.
Oxiti8 wrote:
We're working on the maps now:
- Everything will likely be on one or two large maps due to filesize
- How you traverse said maps will change as the game goes on in a sort of metroidvania fashion
- Data for each map will take up ~ 6000 bytes (obviously subject to change)
- There is an emphasis on maze traversal, with more open areas for photography.
- items you pick up along the way will help you explore more areas within the time limit. ( ex. using a knife to cut tall grass)
- Cutscenes will occur along the way, but differ from level to level.

More details will come in November.

Gotta change the update a little...
The full game takes place on one map, which is 6000 bytes. hopefully, I can get it smaller, but I've already optimized it as well as I can. Items may occur on map, or you might earn it after beating a level (taking a picture of the specified animal). In each cutscene, it will specify what to take a picture of, which you then must find on the map. There will be 30 things to find.
Wow! Its looking pretty good guys :3

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours