Yes, I know the technically correct term is "memory" in the title, but it doesn't fit
This is something that has been bothering me for a while- if I open up a cemetech tab and just let it simmer for a few days, I end up with this hilarity:

I think my record is like 20 gigs in one tab- the tab I am typing this in has not been open for too long (just the time to find those images in chat logs and type this post), and it's already eaten 30mb more than where it was at when I opened the tab- perhaps my session is glitched somehow, as most of these messages look like the following:
Quote:

9:34:51 AM [ERROR] lost connection (null)
9:34:50 AM [ERROR] lost connection (null)
9:34:07 AM [ERROR] connection failed (unknown)
9:34:07 AM [ERROR] lost connection (null)
9:34:07 AM [ERROR] connection failed (unknown)
9:34:07 AM [ERROR] lost connection (null)
9:34:06 AM [ERROR] lost connection (null)

As an aside, it appears that many of these lines are from my localStorage line cache- I think it makes sense to omit error messages from there.

The reconnection code is the culprit for this bug and for the eternally popular "why are there fifty copies of each message in this tab". I don't have the time right now to look into it any further than this, but it would be nice if cemetech would stop gobbling up my memory :)
Why do you have a single cemetech tab open for days on end?
Oxiti8 wrote:
Probably to use SAX to chat with people.
Oxiti8 wrote:

Because I switch to other things and forget to close it? I imagine this is a fairly common scenario :)
I have been having this issue for years, Would really like to see it fixed as well
You're likely to get the same response the last time this was brought up. I hope this starts getting some serious attention as Lost Connection error is at least four years old at this point.
Yeah this is common for me too.
Well at least your 32 GB RAM is getting some use.
I did (a day or two ago) make a change to stop attempting to auto-reconnect (since apparently it just didn't work). I suspect that will prevent wasting resources by doing nothing as you seem to have observed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours