I haven't done anything on the non-color z80 calculators for quite a few years, but it looks like it is time to get back as I recently got a bug report of the display glitch with newer calculators. I'd appreciate if someone could test on an 83+ or especially the newer 84+.

https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~pad/files/PHOENIX.8XP
Seems to work fine on my 2004-vintage 84PSE, though that's not really new enough to exhibit what I imagine you're trying to fix (which I assume is very recent devices having very slowarguably broken display drivers).

Perhaps this is the motivation I need to get around to fixing the display connections on my 83PSE..
Gameplay works well (slow, fast, white and black backgrounds) on my TI-84+ bought last month. I've downgraded the OS to 2.43 (if that's of any use to you).
The new calculators don't have the LCD busy bit anymore, so you will need to account for this.
Sounds like the same issue that Runer112 fixed for me here: https://github.com/KermMartian/Doors_CS_7/pull/1
jonakeys wrote:
Gameplay works well (slow, fast, white and black backgrounds) on my TI-84+ bought last month. I've downgraded the OS to 2.43 (if that's of any use to you).

Out of curiosity, what's the datecode on the back? Something like "L-0620AE" ?
Adriweb wrote:
jonakeys wrote:
Gameplay works well (slow, fast, white and black backgrounds) on my TI-84+ bought last month. I've downgraded the OS to 2.43 (if that's of any use to you).

Out of curiosity, what's the datecode on the back? Something like "L-0620AE" ?

It ends with L-0620AE. And begins with 1066021265.
Works fine for me!
datecode is L-0219AD
Thanks Smile No new/unknown datecodes unfortunately, but it's good to know those are still sold right now.
Thanks for checking. The person who originally reported the issue indicated that it was fixed, but it always helps to see with more calculators, especially since I don't have a non-color 84+ at all. The update uses LCD_BUSY_QUICK instead of checking manually, which should (I hope) do the right thing on all hardware. Do we know if all recently manufactured calculators have this problem or only some of them?
patrickdavidson wrote:
The update uses LCD_BUSY_QUICK instead of checking manually, which should (I hope) do the right thing on all hardware. Do we know if all recently manufactured calculators have this problem or only some of them?


Pretty much all new 83+/84+ calculators have this problem.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement