Hello Cemetech,

I've decided to start working on a new project "Trello CE" Smile. Trello CE is a board management system that allows you to plan for development projects and etc. you can read more on the official website.

Idea Concept Images:
*** Version pre-alpha 1.0 ***

Exclamation Current Progress:

This version was based off the mobile app design, and the concept art is not final (meaning it may change overtime).

Exclamation To-Do
These are the important thing I need to do before Trello CE First Release:

• Editing this list (0%)
    The To-Do list is being edited! Razz

What do you think about the project? Do you have any suggestions? Razz
Here is the latest prototypes:
Don't mind the bugs, they will all be ironed before release.

For those wondering how scrolling will work:
Code:
[alpha] + Up = Scroll Down.
[alpha] + Down = Scroll Up.
[alpha] + Left = Scroll Left.
[alpha] + Right = Scroll Right.

Quick idea:
I also want to use the area below the help (menu) as a recent section to display recent opened boards without the scrolling.
Looks good! One suggestion I have is to post your project updates as screenshots of the project (so Trello CE would tell how far along you are in the project, instead of the real Trello). There’s also some minor alignment issues that should be fixed, but that isn’t too much of a problem.
epsilon5 wrote:
Looks good! One suggestion I have is to post your project updates as screenshots of the project (so Trello CE would tell how far along you are in the project, instead of the real Trello). There’s also some minor alignment issues that should be fixed, but that isn’t too much of a problem.

I currently don't have an input routine. But when I do, I sure will Razz
Quick Update:

I'm currently working on saving and GUI Related routines. I've fixed the alignment issues. Just finished the input routine also everything is done I just need to start on card editing then I'll start debugging.
Quick update:

I have started to work on pre-alpha 2.0, I will be post some new concepts art for pre a2.0 by today (keep a look out Razz).

I personal think it's a major update with tons of new features and simple new UI.
Concept Art 2.0:

Version Pre Alpha 2.0 will use oxygen, xenon's library, hints the rounded shapes Smile. leave a comment on what you like or what you would like to change.

Do you use Trello what do you use?
I don't use Trello, but this is looking SUPER! I'm always partial to a nice UI, and I love the roundness as well. Great job so far! Very Happy
TIny_Hacker wrote:
I don't use Trello, but this is looking SUPER! I'm always partial to a nice UI, and I love the roundness as well. Great job so far! Very Happy

Thanks for the support Smile, Not many cemetech users use Trello, But I think it will be very useful for time management and to-do list.
I have never used Trello, either. But I would love to see this on the CE (maybe my mom will give mine back... Evil or Very Mad ) and would absolutely use it!

Keep up the good work!
darkwater4213 wrote:
But I would love to see this on the CE (maybe my mom will give mine back... Evil or Very Mad )

Sometimes, my mom takes away my CE on the weekends because I have to do missing assignments (specifically non-math related)
darkwater4213 wrote:
I have never used Trello, either. But I would love to see this on the CE (maybe my mom will give mine back... Evil or Very Mad ) and would absolutely use it!

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the support Smile, Trello CE is now on hold, as the update will need Oxygen, which isn't yet complete.
Will Oxygen be LibLoad compatible? Also, will it be "installed" as an AppVar, or incorporated into each program individually?
darkwater4213 wrote:
Will Oxygen be LibLoad compatible? Also, will it be "installed" as an AppVar, or incorporated into each program individually?

Great question Smile, Oxygen is a library that is implemented into each individual program; it stores the library information in an AppVar (called "OXYGEN") that can be retrieved by any program that utilizes Oxygen.
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Oxygen is a library that is implemented into each individual program; it stores the library information in an AppVar (called "OXYGEN") that can be retrieved by any program that utilizes Oxygen.

This scheme sounds like it would be likely to cause version issues - what happens if two programs use two different versions of Oxygen, and expect the appvar to be in two different formats? Would you just keep the appvar format the same between versions? What happens if you want to add a new feature that needs to be stored persistently?
commandblockguy wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Oxygen is a library that is implemented into each individual program; it stores the library information in an AppVar (called "OXYGEN") that can be retrieved by any program that utilizes Oxygen.

This scheme sounds like it would be likely to cause version issues - what happens if two programs use two different versions of Oxygen, and expect the appvar to be in two different formats? Would you just keep the appvar format the same between versions? What happens if you want to add a new feature that needs to be stored persistently?

I've always fixed this issue by storing a byte at the very beginning of the appvar that indicates its version, and then if the program version doesn't match that, you can make a fix or simply warn the user in some way.
epsilon5 wrote:
commandblockguy wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:

I've always fixed this issue by storing a byte at the very beginning of the appvar that indicates its version, and then if the program version doesn't match that, you can make a fix or simply warn the user in some way.

Well, that works fine if you're capable of updating the library, but if you have two programs that use two different versions that can't be replaced without a recompilation, it causes issues. The older library version wouldn't be able to fix data from the newer version, since it doesn't know that the newer version exists yet. Unless you made it backwards compatible, you'd basically have to reset your settings every time you switch between two programs.
commandblockguy wrote:
epsilon5 wrote:
commandblockguy wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:

Well, that works fine if you're capable of updating the library, but if you have two programs that use two different versions that can't be replaced without a recompilation, it causes issues. The older library version wouldn't be able to fix data from the newer version, since it doesn't know that the newer version exists yet. Unless you made it backwards compatible, you'd basically have to reset your settings every time you switch between two programs.

I haven't come up with a workaround for version detection yet. But here's what I've come up with so far:
If oxygen detects a different version of the appvar, it notifies the user that the program is utilizing an earlier version of oxygen. If the library finds a newer version ...

I believe the workaround is to enable it to establish a different appvar (For older versions) to store data. rather than tampering with data already stored in newer versions appvar. This new appvar (For older versions of oxygen) will be backwards compatible meaning (data won't be saved if an older older version is detected). Or I can simply not save/load the data if a newer version is detected.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours