I Have been working on a game where you manage a pizza joint.
Its pure Basic, because I don't know anything else enough lol.

So far, you can hire drivers (Drive pizzas) and chefs (Multiply gain of drivers) but apart from that i'm not sure how to handle costs.

Like how an actual pizza joint/chain must be managed right or else it fails and goes out of business. I tried a supplies system, where employees use up supplies and if you don't replenish them you lose, but replenishing became too difficult. and also, if you automate it it gets stuck at a certain point and you cant go further or else supplies ends your run.

So how should I balance this, and would you guys be excited for it?

I'm thinking of using constant swap variables (W,X,Y,Z) to hold random number seeds in them that get flushed each day you progress. occasionally this leads to events or crashes or booms in pizza.

How do I make this more fun? and would this be something you would try?
Sounds cool and everyone loves pizza.

What calculator are you making this for?

I imagine it might be similar to the lemonade tycoon type games?
I would not use variables for that, I would use list or matrices. Sounds cool you could make it automated with different booms and slumps and the money you make you have to budget for resources and salary for employees. You could make these automatically deduct every 2 "weeks" then a player would have to spend money correctly in order to succeed and grow. Very Happy So, when you hire another employee it deducts whatever their pay is however often but your business runs faster.
This sounds too much like real life instead of a game

Nonetheless, games like Diner Dash were pretty fun back in the day.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Sounds cool and everyone loves pizza.

What calculator are you making this for?

I imagine it might be similar to the lemonade tycoon type games?

Thats the goal! A restaurant management game.

TI 83+, I wrote it using the sourcecoder my 83, so it will work on any 83+ type!
And CE. I've been testing it on a CE and its stunningly fast!
Invalid_Jake wrote:
I would not use variables for that, I would use list or matrices. Sounds cool you could make it automated with different booms and slumps and the money you make you have to budget for resources and salary for employees. You could make these automatically deduct every 2 "weeks" then a player would have to spend money correctly in order to succeed and grow. Very Happy So, when you hire another employee it deducts whatever their pay is however often but your business runs faster.

Thats really smart, currently i have drivers deduct 100 and chefs 150 daily, but it's balanced so bad. I will post the scripting for math currently in the thread here soon, so all of you can suggest ways to update it to be funner.

I used variables because heres the math for salary alone
A= Cash
B= Drivers
C= Chefs
Get ready, It's a mess! Laughing
A-(B*100)->Z
Z->A
A-(C*150)->Z
Z->A
(parenthesis because it should work without it because PEMDAS but TI Basic is kinda weird and i didnt trust it)
and thats just 2 salaries!
Let alone crunching so many!
What would math for 2 weeks look like? Currently E is for days, but i don't know how to do math for divisible by 14 cleanly on TI Basic.
I kinda hate the supplies system, it drives me nuts. I will probably remove it but I sont know what would replace it.
Help me work out a system for this! I don't need the programming for these ideas, but do let me know like if chefs consume something how much and how often

Also I dunno how to balance it.
Again, Will send the code for you all to try in a bit.
I should probably matrix/list it once closed, because i discovered a program that writes
99(999)^999-> A gives you a ton of cash.
Michael2_3B wrote:
This sounds too much like real life instead of a game

Nonetheless, games like Diner Dash were pretty fun back in the day.

Lol. Thats the goal!
I want to game-ify pizza restaurant making mostly because management style games already existed and soared and pizza is yummy and a pizza joint is so uniquely strange (Drivers, chefs, events that drive sales) Its not like any other type.

Anyways, balancing ideas welcome! actually balancing ideas VERY Welcome! It stinks right now, and I'm all out of Febreze! Laughing
I would store the balances and number of employees in a list.

#this line creates a 3x1 matrix filled with 0s but it wont overwrite data already there.
{3,1}->dim([J]
#this is the 2nd value in the matrix you can store values in it or use it like a variable.
[J](2,1)
#The math syntax would be like this, this takes the value stored in 1,1 and subtracts the value in 2,1 multiplied by 150 then stores it back in 1,1 which would be the money.
[J](1,1)-([J](2,1)*150)->[J](1,1)
#to add money
[J](1,1)+100->[J](1,1)
You know what would be cool? Having competitors.
You could have another company trying to make you bankrupt.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours