Lately I have gotten back into using RSS feeds and Cemetech's Latest Posts and News Headlines feeds are excellent, but the Latest Uploads feed is lacking…
While it provides the filename, timestamp, and username in the header section, they could also be included in the description as seen in the forum feed with the timestamp and username. The path to the file is rather important as it tells me whether I care about the file in question. It is also unclear whether the file is an update of an existing file, or a new upload.

The list for easy parsing:
  • Filename+path, timestamp, username, and possible filesize in the description
  • Whether the upload it actually a new file or an update to an existing file
  • Any screenshots

Perhaps something like this
Code:
[Update/Upload]: [filename]
Author: [username]
Accepted: [timestamp]
Path: [pathtofile]

[description]

[screenshots]
The path could also be included in the title in the same format as the forum feed as TI84+CE Asm :: HexaEdit CE or something similar.

As soon as I started this post my rss reader decided that there were no latest uploads in the feed :/
Also, each feed seems to be generated in an entirely different format from the others which I thought was weird.
*quietly makes some changes* They'll be fully available on the site in a few hours.

Before (rendered with rsspreview):

After (not the same data):

LogicalJoe wrote:
Also, each feed seems to be generated in an entirely different format from the others which I thought was weird.
Because they're generated by entirely different software (if you compare posts with news or uploads)!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours