Here is mine. This is the original plan I had with a few differances.

• User inputs "cemetech.net" into STR#
  • Calculator Sends STR# with text "cemetech.net"
  • PC Client recieves(wether Wireless or hardwired)
  • PC Client parses the string and searches for folder "cemetech.net" on server

• Found "cemetech.net" folder
    • (1) Client recieves file index.blah and sends to Calc
    • (2) Calc loads index.blah using calc-based client

• Failed to find "cemetech.net" folder
    • (1) Client sends auto index.blah(error site)
    • (2) Calc loads index.blah using clac-based client

Comments? Questions? Ideas?
Sounds good. Why do it with strings though? People have been sending me excellent ideas about sharing files through the gCn network; this sounds like a valuable addition.
Well, strings are the first thing that came to mind.
Fair enough. CALCnet2 can also just send a "string" that's not necessarily stored in any StrX variable, so that might be better.
hmm, interesting. I was thinking about that actually, I dont know how you could though. Obviously you do. How would you use a string thats not accessable?

such as (string) url?

The other thing is, in the folder, say cemetech.net, there can be other files, like... DSC6.8xp .

And maybe click a link on the calc site, then you start downloading DSC6.8xp! Smile
Its possible because we are working at a much lower level. Kerm is transfer raw bytes directly, and the PC is receiving the raw bytes (although through a library). Hence the data is whatever the hell we say it is, nothing more, nothing less. Smile
Oh I see. Nice. So you could actually send the site's source to the client and have it inturperate it, and then execute the source in the client.

Or something...
Kllrnohj wrote:
Its possible because we are working at a much lower level. Kerm is transfer raw bytes directly, and the PC is receiving the raw bytes (although through a library). Hence the data is whatever the hell we say it is, nothing more, nothing less. Smile
Exactly. All a string is is tString, tStrX, "DATA",0. There's no need to use the TI-OS's convention within raw data transmission and reception.
Awsome, is there a way to include another program or strings data in ASM or something?

That way you could maybe have one area for rendering the visual part of the client, then an area for the site to load, and another for getkey.

I dont know ASM, so I dont know much about how it works and everything.
Yes indeed. You can dol just about _anything_ in assembly.
Awsome. I feel like learning ASM now. lol. I just need to find out how to get TASM to work. Does SourceCoder2 compile ASM? or only BASIC?
Only BASIC. ASM is planned for SC2.
whait a minute i thought source coder only decompiled, not compiled, i've been looking for a basic compiler to turn text into tibasic files
SC2 does both, although its not technically called "compiling" and "decompiling", but rather "tokenizing" and "detokenizing"
k, how do i make it tokenise
Use the editor, then do Save and Export.
k, thanks
Go to sc.cemetech.net and hit "New Project" at the bottom (or load a program and hit the "edit" button). Type all your code and stuff, then hit "Save and Export"
Kllrnohj wrote:
Go to sc.cemetech.net and hit "New Project" at the bottom (or load a program and hit the "edit" button). Type all your code and stuff, then hit "Save and Export"
Razz Little late there, but you got some more detail than me. Good call.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours