I am learning C for the TI-84 CE (I do have some knowledge about C in general, although I am still a beginner in making programs), and when I was trying to decompress sprites and to do the partial redraw, I was suggested to use gfx_MallocSprite() by https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/wiki . So I wrote this (for decompression):

Code:
gfx_sprite_t *orange = gfx_MallocSprite(orange_width, orange_height);

zx7_Decompress(orange, orange_compressed);

/*code using orange*/

free(orange);

I compiled, and I first got the rows of all sorts of warnings I normally get (I don't know if that's normal when using wine on mac, but it normally works and I get the program) but it failed with this text:

P3: Internal Error(0x83BAF1):
Please contact Technical Support
make: *** [obj/Hworld.src] Error 255

I traced the problem down to the MallocSprite() part, and for partial redraw I made it work with gfx_TempSprite, but when working with sprite compression I wondered why that MallocSprite() doesn't work for me. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or what is wrong in general?
I'm guessing that this is the issue: you have to declare all your variables in a scope before initializing any of them. Classic ZDS shortcoming.
I guess that was indeed the issue, as it works now. Thank you

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours