Hi everyone,

I'm new to programming. I'm writing a program on my CG-50 that should help me do some stuff at work, and I need to store very large lists of numbers into arrays so that I can use them in other programs.

Right now I'm doing the data entry manually, for example..

44.5654->Mat A[1,1]
24.42852917->Mat A[2,1]
186.6494625->Mat A[3,1]
104.65645->Mat A[4,1]
68.9801625->Mat A[5,1]
etc...

I'd prefer not to have to do that several thousand times.

Is there a way to loop this task so that the calculator will take the the list of numbers, store a number as a slot in a matrix or a list and then move onto the number below it and repeat the same task?

Thanks for you help!
A.
Capt.Alex wrote:
...the calculator will take the the list of numbers, store a number as a slot in a matrix or a list...

I think you need this:
{1,2,3,4}->List1
[[1,2,3][4,5,6]]->Mat A
Given that you have fx-cg50 and new to programming- have a look at Python app on the calculator- you may need to update OS but I recommend it over BASIC (not that even know BASIC) - sorry for deviating from your question

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours