Bio_Hazard1282_rPi3 wrote:
I have the Bionic Blue one, since that one is very popular in my school. Not sure if mine has the faster flash, but I guess it depends on the serial. I don't want to take apart my calculator though, I fear I might screw it up somehow

KermMartian wrote:
You can definitely tell if yours has the faster flash without taking it apart. Try timing graphing the function in my video; it'll either be ~4-5 seconds or 11+ seconds.

Or you can look at the hardware revision Laughing if its M or N (N being the latest revision currently), its got the faster flash. If its any of the following revisions, it doesn't.
prototypes, pre-A, A0, A, B, B0, B1, C, D, E, F, I, J, L
Is the revision the last five digits on the serial on the back of the calc?
L-0517I
Bio_Hazard1282_rPi3 wrote:
Is the revision the last five digits on the serial on the back of the calc?
L-0517I

For production calcs, its [factory]-[MMYY][HW-rev]
so yours is from Kinpo in the Philippines (L), it was manufactured in May 2017 (0517) and it is hardware revision I, so it has the slower flash.
Too bad I got a slower flash. Time to look for the totally teal one with the white box.
While discussing CE colors in SAX, I found one of the weird green rev Js in the original packaging. The ebay seller did say that he had one in the packaging but wasn't able to find it. I'm still baffled that they packaged that and shipped it out Laughing

Interestingly, there is no color listed on the back. Generally, above the barcode, there would be a color (except on the black ones which I guess are the "standard" color)

Those colors look terrible on that calculator.
Maybe they're targeting people who can only see in greyscale to not notice its horrendous color combination? It looks like it belongs in a kindergarten class, not high school. Laughing
Looks awesome!
Michael2_3B wrote:
Looks awesome!
Hence we learn Michael is either colorblind or is in kindergarten. Razz
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:
Looks awesome!

mmm yup im in kindorgardon certainlee loooks lik sum g00d mershmallows nd blu raspberri 2 me

Edit: The white and blue does indeed look horrible. But what does "Click it 2 me, Baby!" mean? I'm confused
Michael2_3B wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:
Looks awesome!

mmm yup im in kindorgardon certainlee loooks lik sum g00d mershmallows nd blu raspberri 2 me

Edit: The white and blue does indeed look horrible. But what does "Click it 2 me, Baby!" mean? I'm confused

That's just the seller's watermark on ebay
TI updated its website with 2 new official colors, which we have seen here before Razz "Trifecta" and "Totally Teal"
https://education.ti.com/en/purchase/retailcolors?category=ti-84-plus-ce

Overview of the 2020 variants:

(crossposted from https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=23756&p=254451#p254451)
Looks like Adriweb beat me to it by a few seconds Razz
TI released 2 new colors, 1 of which is the green/blue that we spotted a few months ago. The official name is "Trifecta". The other one is "Totally Teal", which is just like Tangent Teal but with a shiny/metallic finish.

Jeez, honestly they chose my least favorite designs. Teal is all right but I'd prefer the dark Teal and that trifecta is appalling. Sad
The Trifecta is aposematic, warning you with its bright colors that it won't run assembly programs
I don't know who's making the color decisions over there. I consider Trifecta to look hideous (and like a toy). I do love my dark teal, though, so I understand why they went with a teal (although not why they picked the worse of the two teals).
KermMartian wrote:
I don't know who's making the color decisions over there. I consider Trifecta to look hideous (and like a toy). I do love my dark teal, though, so I understand why they went with a teal (although not why they picked the worse of the two teals).

I really don't know how trifecta can possibly have made it through marketing
It seems like the teal that they released is not one of the unreleased ones, it looks like a metallic version of the older Tangent Teal... I think it looks fine, but the unreleased colors were much nicer IMHO.
Also, I noticed that on the website, Totally Teal replaced the Tangent Teal, so perhaps they discontinued the old teal?
Its been about half a year, I've just received my Dark Teal CE from Pieman7373 Very Happy
Looks snazzy and its blazing fast Evil or Very Mad
mr womp womp wrote:
Its been about half a year, I've just received my Dark Teal CE from Pieman7373 Very Happy

Any faster than the revision M calcs? I'm assuming that you're just talking about it being an M calc.
Sam wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:

Any faster than the revision M calcs? I'm assuming that you're just talking about it being an M calc.

Its rev M hardware so its not faster than rev M Evil or Very Mad
Its "blazing fast" compared to my rev C Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours