Hi,
I don't know what I did, but suddenly the tables on my TI-83 don't give me an option for a y-value. There's just one column for x, then blank columns and no way for me to enter the y-value. This is probably something really dumb, but I have tried everything, including reading the manual and doing an internet search. Thank you in advance for the help!

Thanks,
jmb
jmb wrote:
Hi,
I don't know what I did, but suddenly the tables on my TI-83 don't give me an option for a y-value. There's just one column for x, then blank columns and no way for me to enter the y-value. This is probably something really dumb, but I have tried everything, including reading the manual and doing an internet search. Thank you in advance for the help!

Thanks,
jmb

does the equals sign in the [Y=] menu have a black square around it? If it doesn't, move your cursor to it and press [ENTER] this should select it to give output. Then go to your table and see if it shows up then. this'll enable the equation to make a table on the table menu as well as be able to show up on a graph. it's like pressing the circle for each function on desmos.

Wait are you trying to edit a stats list/table
you can do that through the [STATS] button then 1:Edit...
Hmm... I went to [Y=] and moved the cursor to the equal sign like you said and pressed enter and nothing happened, no black square or anything. Still can't see y on the table. Sad

You were right in your assumption that this is a regular table, not a stats table.

Any other thoughts?

I appreciate the help!

jmb
jmb wrote:
Hmm... I went to [Y=] and moved the cursor to the equal sign like you said and pressed enter and nothing happened, no black square or anything. Still can't see y on the table. Sad

You were right in your assumption that this is a regular table, not a stats table.

Any other thoughts?

I appreciate the help!

jmb

is there an equation in y1=?
if there isn't, it won't do anything
I did not think to put an equation in there. Of course. And now it works! Smile Thank you!
For future reference, all standard ti-graphing calculators have an option to reset to default settings (which should fix about 95% of your problems). If a similar issue comes up on your calculator, you can simply go to [2nd][+] (the memory menu), Press [7] (the reset menu), Press [2] (to reset to default settings), and [2] again to confirm. This will not delete any programs or applications you may have on your calculator.
Yes, resetting the defaults will work, but for me personally though I have a lot of personalized settings on my calculators. I think if it's a simple problem, then it's better to try to fix it in a less invasive way.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours