Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
(Kllrnohj I'm looking at you Razz)

Eek! *runs and hides*

Interesting prospect, but I'm not sure what they are looking for. Most (if not all) of what I say here is readily available in the MAN pages - its just that most of the people here are too freaking lazy to read them Razz
Exactly...which is why we have tutorials Laughing

Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
(Kllrnohj I'm looking at you Razz)

Eek! *runs and hides*

wtf? Laughing
Ccould you add a tutorial on building a computer?
http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/
Someone needs to read my Google Tutorial Rolling Eyes

(And I'm not too sure I like the tutorial Tari posted...ph43r)
I have done some searches (found some stuff on tom's hardwarea nd stuff too) But I was wondering if anyone here had one that they liked and recommened.
But building a computer comes more from experience than having a simple tutorial...
I know, but when I build one I don't want to be guessing what goes where now do I? Evil or Very Mad
um, there is not much guess work, things will only fit in one place right, and only one way. Always start RAM closes to the Proc, the IDE channel that is blue is for HD, the other one the same size is for CD/Optical, and the smaller one is for Floppy. Main drive goes on end of cable, slave in middle. PCI/PCIe card order is not really a big deal.
Quote:
I know, but when I build one I don't want to be guessing what goes where now do I?

Then you probably have some help when building it; you *really* don't want to wing it reading a tutorial alone, especially for the buying portion of the endeavor.
"Oops, I bought an intel motherboard for an AMD x2"
-doubt that that something like that would happen, but yeah, I get your point.
Okay, new format:

My personal favorites are in Dark Blue, and critical tutorials are Bolded.
Since there's been a lot of talk recently about dynamic sigs/avatars, I've added a tutorial on the subject.
Added a tutorial on the inner workings of filesystems.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Added a tutorial on the inner workings of filesystems.
Niiice! This is starting to look really cool. I have a few favorite tutorials of my own that I should add to that list one of these days.
Maybe during spring break I'll go through my seemingly infinite collection of bookmarks and put them up...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Maybe during spring break I'll go through my seemingly infinite collection of bookmarks and put them up...
At one point you claimed to have either "tens of thousands of bookmarks" or "hundreds of thousands of bookmarks", "literally", but somehow I doubt that whichever statement was the one you actually uttered is accurate.
Laughing Yes, everyone seems to have doubts as to just how many bookmarks I have Very Happy When I have them all in one place I'll do a rough tally of them...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
0x5 Yes, everyone seems to have doubts as to just how many bookmarks I have Very Happy When I have them all in one place I'll do a rough tally of them...
You probably have maybe several hundred, max, but definitely nowhere near more than 2,000.
Laughing I'm looking at the amount of bookmarks currently in one of my 'backup' folders that I have yet to burn to disk: 2354.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours