After using TI-89 for a while, I want to create a program for TI-89 titanum. I have following questions:

1) I understand that TI89 uses TI-Basic. So is the language / commands all the same for TI83, TI84, TI89?

2) Any good tutorial for TI-Basic for TI89?

3) if I want to program in my computer, which software do I need?

Thank you very much for your help.
Here are my answers. I hope you find them helpful!

teerasak007 wrote:
I understand that TI89 uses TI-Basic. So is the language / commands all the same for TI83, TI84, TI89?

Yes, and no. 68k-BASIC, while very similar to TI-83 BASIC, is not exactly the same. If you already have experience with TI-83 BASIC, though, it should be no problem to get used to 68k-BASIC. The main difference is that on the TI-89 you can make functions, and on TI-83/84 you cannot.

teerasak007 wrote:
Any good tutorial for TI-BAsic for TI89?

Here is a tutorial on TI-BASIC Developer that I have found helpful: 68k Basic Starter Kit.

teerasak007 wrote:
if I want to program in my computer, which software do I need?

I never attempted to write my programs on the computer, so I'm afraid I can't help you much with this one. There are a lot of good IDEs out there for TI-83/84+ BASIC, but I wasn't able to find anything for 68k-BASIC Sad

Good luck with your programming projects!
Thank you, TIny_Hacker.

If I develop app from the calculator directly, typing would be troublesome. Can we connect standard USB keyboard with some OTG adapter.

In addition, I found an external keyboard below

https://www.amazon.com/Texas-Instruments-Keyboard-Graphing-Calculators/dp/B00007K7JE

Can this be used to type while programming TI-BASIC?
The external keyboard should work well. I don't think a standard keyboard would work without software on the calculator to receive input from it. There may be a program like that for TI-89, but I haven't seen it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours