Note: I am using a TI-84 CE for this

I have noticed that matrices have a limit of 400 values. I am attempting to circumvent this obstacle with the use of lists. I have spent an entire day trying to get it to work, but alas, nothing works. For example, I have a 5x5 matrix:

Code:
[11111]
[22222]
[33333]
[44444]
[55555]

I have translated the matrix to a list that looks like this:

Code:
{1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,}

Now, the problem aroused when I tried to use the function to crate an array of colors on my graph screen. The code is as follows:

Code:
For(X,1,5)
For(Y,1,5)
ʟMATRIX(XY) "The troublemaker"
If Ans
PtOn(X,Y,2,10+Ans)
End
End

The problem is that I cannot create a function that can accurately retrieve information from a list like a matrix. Two more of my attempts are below. The first attempt works partially, but trips up as the X and Y values grow higher.

Code:
ʟMATRIX(XY+5X(X>1) "The values start to become displaced as X goes past 5"
ʟMATRIX(5X+XY) "Dog fart"

I have reached the illustrious 'Unable To Can' level of brain processing by now, so help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!
Try doing:

Code:
ʟMATRIX(5(X-1)+Y)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours