Hi guys. I have recently thought of the idea of making a game like Bubble poke, but I need your guys' help. When someone clicks on a color group, I was wondering how the code could check to see if any other colors are touching the bubble that was poked. Thanks for any good suggestions! Personally, I was thinking of a "check snake", where the code just scans the entire matrix like a snake for any touching bubbles. The problem with that is that it would take forever. I was seeing if you guys had any better suggestions. Thanks!
My idea is, when the player picks a bubble, check the 4 adjacent bubbles, and then if any of those are the same color, check the 3 adjacent ones that are around it, and so on and so forth. That way, you aren't checking the entire board.
Pieman7373 wrote:
My idea is, when the player picks a bubble, check the 4 adjacent bubbles, and then if any of those are the same color, check the 3 adjacent ones that are around it, and so on and so forth. That way, you aren't checking the entire board.

That is a good idea. I will try that. Thank you! And if anyone else has any more suggestions then feel free to share your idea!
Yea you basically need to implement a flood fill.
c4ooo wrote:
Yea you basically need to implement a flood fill.

Is that what I described? If so, cool, because I didnt know that I knew how to flood fill 😂
I was able to implement a flood fill! The ti-84 plus does it kinda slow, but it works! I am sure that when I translate this source code to C for the CE calculator, it will run much much faster. Here is the flood fill code:

Code:
If G=105
Then
0→R
Output(8,12,"LOAD.
1→M
[A](K,J)→L
0→[A](K,J)
For(D,1,10
Output(6,13,"
Output(6,12,D
M+R→R
If M>0
Then
0→M
For(A,max(1,K-D),min(8,K+D)
Output(6,15,A
For(B,max(1,J-D),min(10,J+D
Output(7,13,"
Output(7,12,B

If A+1<9
Then
If [A](A+1,B)=0 and [A](A,B)=L
Then
0→[A](A,B)
M+1→M
End
End
If A-1>0
Then
If [A](A-1,B)=0 and [A](A,B)=L
Then
0→[A](A,B)
M+1→M
End
End
If B+1<11
Then
If [A](A,B+1)=0 and [A](A,B)=L
Then
0→[A](A,B
M+1→M
End
End
If B-1>0
Then
If [A](A,B-1)=0 and [A](A,B)=L
Then
0→[A](A,B
M+1→M
End
End
End
End
End
End

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours