Hi! Recently I've gained an interest in physics engines and how they function, so I made this demo to expand on my knowledge ( and also learn more about physics in general: I only took a basic class in high school and got not much out of it Razz )

Any further input on how these types of interactions should be implemented, and any problems in my code that I overlooked, would be greatly appreciated.

The code for this project can be found here, on Github.

Hah looks awesome, I cant really help as learning myself but looks good so far none the less! Using ICE?

Nyt.
Thank you!

No, this was made using the C toolchain.I'm not well versed in ICE or Basic Razz

I recommend familiarizing yourself with C! It's a very useful tool for complex programs on the CE.
Looks great and runs nicely too!

I've been wanting to do something similar - but not any time soon.

Looking forward to more progress.
You could also incorporate the rotation of the ball as well, like a ball that is turning and hits a wall would bounce off at an angle. Though if you're going for frictionless colissions that might not be relevant

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours