LAW ENFORCEMENT

I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the
influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's
license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and
is not available.

MILITARY

I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a
drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas
Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

COLLEGE

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE

I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. I began my career in the oil business in
Midland, Texas , in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil
in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land
using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and our friends in the oil
industry, including Enron CEO Ken Lay, I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS

I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making
Texas the most polluted state in the Union .

During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city
in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in
borrowed money.

I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American
history.

With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's
appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over
500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT

I am the first President in U.S . history to enter office with a criminal
record.

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one
billion dollars per week.

I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.

I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month
period.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S.
stock market.

In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and
that trend continues every month.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any
administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice,
had a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips by a U.S. President. I
am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most
corporate campaign donations.

My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends,
Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S.
History, Enron.

My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure
my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.

I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation
or prosecution.

More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than
has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in
history.

I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to
intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.

I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded
government contracts.

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in
U.S. history.

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the
history of the United States government.

I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.

I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove
the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.

I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law. I refused to allow
inspectors access to U.S . "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have
refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election
inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).
I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President
since the advent of television.

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.
After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst
security failure in U.S. history.

I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center
attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in
the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously
protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for
protests against any person in the history of mankind.

I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive
attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against
the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world
community.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty
benefits for active duty troops and their families-in-wartime.

In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking
Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%)
view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.

I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to
justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's
library, sealed and unavailable for public view.

All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt
companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended
regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for
public review. I am a member of the Republican Party.
Quote:
500,000 votes.

When will people F#$%ING learn that popular vote has VERY LITTLE to do with how a President is elected into office. It only tells the Electoral College how it should vote. My favorite way to put it:
Lose 49 states by 1 vote, then win the last by 1,000,000. Yeah, you win by 999,951 popular votes, but you have a max of 54 electoral votes. 54 Electoral votes gets you squat. I HATE it when people try to use this argument for why Bush shouldn't be President right now. If anyone would bother to remember/care how our election system is set up (separate the people from direct interaction, but still give them a partial say), everything would be better. In fact, if people would actually care about something other than money/fame/stupid things, this world would be a much better place, but I digress.
kirb wrote:
Quote:
500,000 votes.

When will people F#$%ING learn that popular vote has VERY LITTLE to do with how a President is elected into office. It only tells the Electoral College how it should vote. I HATE it when people try to use this argument for why Bush shouldn't be President right now. If anyone would bother to remember/care how our election system is set up (separate the people from direct interaction, but still give them a partial say), everything would be better.
You are being completly hypocritical. When will people F#$%ING learn that the supreme court has absolutly no right to declare who the president is. If anyone would bother to remember/care how our election system is set up (separate the people from direct interaction, but still give them a partial say), everything would be better.

If we are truly going by the constitution, then it should have gone to the House of Representatives.

Amendment XX
Section 3.
If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.
kirb wrote:
Quote:
500,000 votes.

When will people F#$%ING learn that popular vote has VERY LITTLE to do with how a President is elected into office. It only tells the Electoral College how it should vote. My favorite way to put it:
Lose 49 states by 1 vote, then win the last by 1,000,000. Yeah, you win by 999,951 popular votes, but you have a max of 54 electoral votes. 54 Electoral votes gets you squat. I HATE it when people try to use this argument for why Bush shouldn't be President right now. If anyone would bother to remember/care how our election system is set up (separate the people from direct interaction, but still give them a partial say), everything would be better. In fact, if people would actually care about something other than money/fame/stupid things, this world would be a much better place, but I digress.

I'm aware of the current electoral college system, but I believe that we should change the system to go with the popular vote. Here are my reasons why:

1. Originally the founding fathers decided on this because they didn't trust the masses to decide wisely. The mere fact that Bush still became president shows how it really doesn't help. Just Joking

2. At the very least, the greatest part of the population will be satisfied with the results.

3. Every vote will count. In the current system, if I live in a state that always votes republican, my democrat vote carries no weight.

4. We have the capability to carry out the popular vote as it would have been harder in the past without computers and other modern devices.

5. It unites us as a nation, instead of segregating us by state.

I just found this on Wikipedia. It's fun to watch the Republican-Democrat flip-flop from north to south and vice versa.

Funny article Tifreak. Laughing
That map there brings up a good voting point. In my personal opinion, the electoral college should be eliminated, but that is an opinion.
kirb wrote:
In fact, if people would actually care about something other than money/fame/stupid things, this world would be a much better place, but I digress.

Amen brother. The world really would be a much better place if people cared for their neighbor and had compassion for their fellow man. I agree with almost everything else you said, but, as tifreak8x's article says, there was something strange going on with the votes in Florida. Many people said if the votes had been counted correctly, Gore would have taken Florida and perhaps won the election. The popular vote tells the electoral college who should vote, but the popular vote was tampered with down here. Plus, if anyone bothered to remember that the electoral college elects the President, Bush would still be in office. So everything wouldn't be better.
Sage Orator wrote:
kirb wrote:
Quote:
500,000 votes.

When will people F#$%ING learn that popular vote has VERY LITTLE to do with how a President is elected into office. It only tells the Electoral College how it should vote. I HATE it when people try to use this argument for why Bush shouldn't be President right now. If anyone would bother to remember/care how our election system is set up (separate the people from direct interaction, but still give them a partial say), everything would be better.
You are being completly hypocritical. When will people F#$%ING learn that the supreme court has absolutly no right to declare who the president is. If anyone would bother to remember/care how our election system is set up (separate the people from direct interaction, but still give them a partial say), everything would be better.

If we are truly going by the constitution, then it should have gone to the House of Representatives.

Amendment XX
Section 3.
If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

That is true, but people don't typically argue that. Either way, I trust the Supreme Court a bit more than Congress. They are only puppets of whoever pays them the most, so it would turn into a squabble anyway. I would have much rather preferred an entire recount, but it's all history and can't be changed. Plus, he's in his last term, so those who hate him that much can shut up about how he got there and actually try to fix what he's doing instead of complaining about it.

something1990 wrote:
Many people said if the votes had been counted correctly, Gore would have taken Florida and perhaps won the election.

As I said above, a revote would have been the only way to do it fairly. Whoever counted it would skew it their way in any case, as it is with politics.
kirb wrote:
That is true, but people don't typically argue that. Either way, I trust the Supreme Court a bit more than Congress. They are only puppets of whoever pays them the most, so it would turn into a squabble anyway. I would have much rather preferred an entire recount, but it's all history and can't be changed. Plus, he's in his last term, so those who hate him that much can shut up about how he got there and actually try to fix what he's doing instead of complaining about it.

Yeah they don't bring it up much. Thankfully, I've tired of that argument long ago. I normally trust the Supreme Court more as well, but what can we do but amend the constitution?
Sage Orator wrote:
kirb wrote:

Yeah they don't bring it up much. Thankfully, I've tired of that argument long ago. I normally trust the Supreme Court more as well, but what can we do but amend the constitution?

Well, you need Congress to modify it, and they won't change something to remove power from themselves, so it won't be changed unless a major restructuring of the government happens again (which is HIGHLY unlikely in our lifetimes), so it's going to stay like this for quite a long time and government is only going to get more and more corrupt until the people actually realize it and something akin to the French Revolution happens where the people gain back power by brute force. Then agin, a pitchfork could do half decent against the muskets of that time where today the military has much more sophisticated weaponry than civilians.
kirb wrote:
Well, you need Congress to modify it, and they won't change something to remove power from themselves, so it won't be changed unless a major restructuring of the government happens again (which is HIGHLY unlikely in our lifetimes), so it's going to stay like this for quite a long time and government is only going to get more and more corrupt until the people actually realize it and something akin to the French Revolution happens where the people gain back power by brute force. Then agin, a pitchfork could do half decent against the muskets of that time where today the military has much more sophisticated weaponry than civilians.

I don't think that the French Revolution will occur mainly because there are the kind of leaders in America that the French Revolution had. There is no popular new kind of thinking that spurred leaders on ect. Many differences but I suppose I'm being picky. In terms of guns the military is not that far ahead of what civilians could get since Bush refused to reinstate the anti-high-powered-rifle/anti-sawed-off-shotgun law.
All this pointless bickering aside, I heard a pretty funny joke on Prarie Home Companion:
"George Bush is like a turtle on a pole. He shouldn't be up there, he couldn't have gotten up there by himself, and no one knows why he's up there. He can't do anything while he's up there, and everyone just wants to help him get down!"
jpez wrote:
All this pointless bickering aside, I heard a pretty funny joke on Prarie Home Companion:
"George Bush is like a turtle on a pole. He shouldn't be up there, he couldn't have gotten up there by himself, and no one knows why he's up there. He can't do anything while he's up there, and everyone just wants to help him get down!"
Very Happy Nice. That's a good show, by the way. @Sage and Kirb: sorry, remind me what makes you think we're headed towards some sort of cataclysmic conflict?
KermMartian wrote:
@Sage and Kirb: sorry, remind me what makes you think we're headed towards some sort of cataclysmic conflict?

It was more of me, but once people really understand what the government is doing, something is going to break. Either government is going to fix itself by the right people getting elected, or the peole are going to do something else. What we really need are politicians who care about fixing something rather than lining their pockets.
I am neutral on this subject (hence the emoticon) Neutral
Those who want to lead are always least suited to do so. We need some sort of hitchiker's guide to the galaxy solution where some hermit rules the universe without knowing it.
Stephen Colbert said a funny Bush joke: "President Bush is like a vacuum cleaner. If you don't give him a chance to recharge his batteries, he can't suck." Laughing
The Tari wrote:
Those who want to lead are always least suited to do so. We need some sort of hitchiker's guide to the galaxy solution where some hermit rules the universe without knowing it.
How do you that's not already the case? Laughing
Quote:
Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in an accident" "OH DEAR GOD NO!!!" George W. Bush exclaims. "That's terrible!!" His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the president sits, head in hands. Finally, the President, devastated, looks up and asks.......... "How many is a Brazillion??!"
Laughing That is hilarious. A perfect example of what everyone thinks the President's intelligence is. I love that one. Laughing
rivereye wrote:
Quote:
Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in an accident" "OH DEAR GOD NO!!!" George W. Bush exclaims. "That's terrible!!" His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the president sits, head in hands. Finally, the President, devastated, looks up and asks.......... "How many is a Brazillion??!"
That made me chuckle.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours