As the rather long title states, I am asking for some help, and I’ll explain why I’m asking.

So, I need help...
I need some code, or ideas, anything, in which can help me make an ICE program that can create a program, add code to it, and make it so that it can be used like a user-created program.

Why I’m asking:

I’ve been making a sort of TI-84 CE jailbreak program, which for now, doesn’t even jailbreak it, but I’ve been working extremely hard to make it look like it is actually jailbreaking it. But, I plan on making it do something either similar or exact to a real jailbreak, but only AFTER the CE, if it ever, gets discontinued in the future.

You see, I’ve been asking SOOO MANY questions about the flash protection status (port 0028) and about the flash unlock sequence (looks like a string of hexadecimals), in which I think I found on the same page as the flash port 0028.

Since I finally received a message about why I’m not getting any help on it, I learned it’s best not to try at all, since OS crashes and bricking is possible if any code is wrong.
Wut.
You can't "Jailbreak" a calculator.
The closest to that you can really get is somehow getting the OS to run your program on boot so it can modify some things, which isn't easy to do.
Do this in Asm. Otherwise you're gonna have a bad day.
Either way, you're gonna have a bad day, tbh.

What kind of features are you trying to implement? Perhaps there's a better way to do what you want to do.
I'm not sure how your question relates at all to what you're doing.

You can create and use programs just like appvars using ti_OpenVar instead of ti_Open. From there, to add a token you just write the token's hex value.
Ok, I think I made it look like I’m stupid.

But, yes, I want to make a “jailbreak”, but no, there’s no real jailbreak... but that’s the secret.
I mean, why make a “jailbreak” if almost anything can already be done, with asm, ez80, ICE, all of them.

But... the thing I noticed is there is never anyone at my school or whatever who knows how to program calculators, how it even works, and they don’t even understand what I’m talking about when I’m explaining things about programming... that’s where the fun starts...
With that said, I can make a fake “jailbreak”-Like program, make it look like a jailbreak, and even make a “jailbreak manager” program, by itself.

I’m doing this to prank my friends. I know that there’s no “jailbreak” for a CE. But, we shouldn’t accept a “no”... ever. Hopefully I the future someone could make something that works similar to a jailbreak, like on a system-wide scale...
There really isn't much to "jailbreak"... TI literally lets you run asm right out the box and aside from the exam mode, they don't really put any restrictions as to what you can and can't do. Even if you look at C, the calculator doesn't support it out of the box, but TI isn't actively trying to prevent it either. I guess finding a way to re-enable the asm tokens on OS 5.3.1+ could be considered a form of "jailbreaking".
That's not the case with the nspire series where there is a very intentional set of restrictions that are enforced by TI.
Regardless, I think I get the gist of what you're trying to do...
Are you looking to make a menu that doesn't actually do anything, but pretends to do amazing things? If that's the case, I would suggest either just making it in basic or ICE if you're comfortable with the syntax. Its hard to help when you don't mention anything concrete...
mr womp womp wrote:
Are you looking to make a menu that doesn't actually do anything, but pretends to do amazing things? If that's the case, I would suggest either just making it in basic or ICE if you're comfortable with the syntax. Its hard to help when you don't mention anything concrete...

Yeah I mean to make it look cool, but doesn’t do really anything. It’s just cool looking jailbreak animations and stuff I programmed by hand.
It starts out in TI-BASIC, so I can make it look cool when it’s “loading”. But then I made a separate ICE program that makes it look like it turned off, and turned back on with a black screen. Then from there, I made it display white text, to make it look like it was “exploiting” different *random* ports, which are pretty much random numbers. It would look like a phone being jailbroken.
Finally, it “reboots”, displays the TI Logo (thanks to asm), and finally returns back to the homescreen.
When it “reboots”, I mean it just sets the brightness to 255 and fills the screen black.
Nevertheless, I actually plan on making it create a “jailbreak Manager” (inspired by Cydia for iPhones). I’d have to create it in ICE, using the sum(2) and maybe sum(4) to write code to the slot it’ll be generating it in.

All that to make it look like it’s actually doing something. I already tricked my brother 0x5
Ok so my problem is, IN ICE, how can I make my ICE program add TI-BASIC code to the new program I’m trying to get it to make by itself?

Also, where’s a hexcode chart for the os variables, like A-Z), so I can get the hex values of the os vars?

So, I don’t think this’d work, but I want it to do something like:

:sum(0
:sum(2,”BASICTST”,“a+”,5)->SLOT
:sum(4,’ClrHome’,1,1,SLOT)

I think the code above is incorrect in several places, but I hope you can get the idea of what I want it to do.

So, when I use the above code (let’s say it’s correct, and it makes prgmBASICTST with one line of code with the ClrHome command), I want it to make that new program, and then if I run it, it would clear the homescreen with no problems.

So basically, I want to write some basic code to the program I opened in my ICE program, and hopefully even make it write things like Disp, output, ones that use the quotation marks. I hope that kind of code is possible to write to the program it’s supposed to be making itself.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Ok so my problem is, IN ICE, how can I make my ICE program add TI-BASIC code to the new program I’m trying to get it to make by itself?

Also, where’s a hexcode chart for the os variables, like A-Z), so I can get the hex values of the os vars?

I think the code above is incorrect in several places, but I hope you can get the idea of what I want it to do.

So, when I use the above code (let’s say it’s correct, and it makes prgmBASICTST with one line of code with the ClrHome command), I want it to make that new program, and then if I run it, it would clear the homescreen with no problems.

So basically, I want to write some basic code to the program I opened in my ICE program, and hopefully even make it write things like Disp, output, ones that use the quotation marks. I hope that kind of code is possible to write to the program it’s supposed to be making itself.

Use "w" instead of "a+" and you're good.
Unless you really want to append to the file, in which case you'll end up with that token being added every time the above code runs.
and here's the token map, containing all the hex equivalents of all the tokens the calculator has.
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

Use "w" instead of "a+" and you're good.
Unless you really want to append to the file, in which case you'll end up with that token being added every time the above code runs.
and here's the token map, containing all the hex equivalents of all the tokens the calculator has.

Thanks Beck! Thank you everybody! It’s crazy how you all have took the time and helped me since day one, even when you are doing something more important than answering questions, some of which might not even make sense.

I meant to use “w”, not “a”. When I posted it, I had forgotten the difference between “r”,”a”,”w”, etc. I’m still trying to refresh my mind on how to program in ICE, because I didn’t have my calculator for a long while back a while ago.

I do understand the hex charts, but just to be clear, would I need to turn the below code into hex to use with the write command (sum(4)):
:ClrHome:Disp “TEST”
... or can I use it like it’s typed above.
So basically, how would I take the code above and use sum(4) to write it to the program???

I’m thankful for the blessing of being a programmer here on cemetech. It’s truly amazing how well you all help me so much, and explain things so I can understand the hardest of code.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours