A friend of mine in school challenged me to make Fortnite with a single player (vs AI) and multiplayer (1v1) mode on a calculator, with the really hard part being I could only code in TI-BASIC. No ICE compiler, no nothing. Nonetheless, the idea sounded fun, so I said "Bet." This is going to take a while, but I'm hoping to make a downloadable beta version by the end of the year. I'll make sure to post updates! Smile TI-84+ CE
How are you going to manage multiplayer with only one key allowed to be input at a time and very slow calc to calc linking?
Oxiti8 wrote:
How are you going to manage multiplayer with only one key allowed to be input at a time and very slow calc to calc linking?

That is an excellent question.
Oxiti8 wrote:

I learned about "GetCalc(" and so far nothings thing's been that slow except for the ready conformation right before the section where map is supposed to load (no maps made yet but that's next thing on list).

P.S. thx for showing interest in this project of mine. it means a lot Very Happy
I'm assuming you're using ASCII characters, not sprites or 3d stuff?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours