Hah, nice. Well, keep up the good work. On the school *ugh* theme, I'm drowning in work. Hey ho.
Teachers go back on strike monday. Mad Up to 14 days this time...
*bump* Strike is over... again... I go back tomorrow. Now to finish up some homework...
foamy3 wrote:
*bump* Strike is over... again... I go back tomorrow. Now to finish up some homework...
Sweet deal. So how many days did you miss, total? I bet it's going to take a while to make that all up again. Razz
Just under thirty school days, I believe. I'm just praying for a mild winter. If we get many snow days, I won't graduate on time...
foamy3 wrote:
Just under thirty school days, I believe. I'm just praying for a mild winter. If we get many snow days, I won't graduate on time...
Shock Ouch, that would be terrible. Are they cutting back holidays and such to make up for it? And by not graduate on time, do you mean you'll be in school later into the summer, or that you'll have to finish up the rest of senior classes in the fall?
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Shock Ouch, that would be terrible. Are they cutting back holidays and such to make up for it? And by not graduate on time, do you mean you'll be in school later into the summer, or that you'll have to finish up the rest of senior classes in the fall?

Yeah, cutting back holidays. If the teachers all start taking their personal days during the week after Christmas, I'm going to be... angered...

And I'm not exactly sure what happens if we don't get our 180 days by june 30th. I can't go in the summer. All of that college orientation stuff is then. And I doubt I can get into college if I don't graduate. I hope I don't have to take another year of hs...
I am thinking you could take this to a legal system. It is not your fault they went on strike. They should not hold you responsible for their actions. If you have all the credit hours etc that you can get, than they should let you graduate on time...
Apparently we can only go on saturdays if we miss a day during the week. 5 school days per week max. Mad
foamy3 wrote:
Apparently we can only go on saturdays if we miss a day during the week. 5 school days per week max. Mad
Grr, this is why I hate beaurocracy, rules that can't be budged that nobody can change even when people agree it's perfectly logical to make an exception.
Usually the government will excuse days of school if more than 2 weeks are missed...
I would hope that exceptions would be made for your school, giving your situation.
I just read the newspaper article. It was 30 days exactly.
So what's the prognosis: will you be able to make all of it up by the thirtieth of June?
KermMartian wrote:
So what's the prognosis: will you be able to make all of it up by the thirtieth of June?

Most likely. I read somewhere we are supposed to finish by the 15th, but I don't see that happening.

btw, I'm posting this from school. Finally...
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Most likely. I read somewhere we are supposed to finish by the 15th, but I don't see that happening.

btw, I'm posting this from school. Finally...
Very Happy Glad to be in school? Now there's some irony for ya. Smile Based on what you said, the 15th doesn't really sound realistic. What day does school end for you ordinarily?
Usually around June 7th or 8th. They want to cram 30 missed days into 7...
foamy3 wrote:
Usually around June 7th or 8th. They want to cram 30 missed days into 7...

+ getting rid of holidays Wink
Woah, sweet! We get December 26th off!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours