Woah, are those real screens or mock-ups?
Those are three 3DS Max renderings of an LDraw model and the original LDraw model, respectively. If I actually make it, I'll redo everything from scratch to minimize polygons.
that is really good, would make the TBM TRain and Diesel look bad.
Thanks...kinda. Cool Here's how far I am at the moment:
Wow, if that's what TBG is gonna look like, I am impressed.
Cool! How about making a version that HAS to run on a track (and send a track piece with it Evil or Very Mad )
Harq wrote:
Cool! How about making a version that HAS to run on a track (and send a track piece with it Evil or Very Mad )
That's the idea. I just need to figure out how I'm going to script that...
*bump*

I am assuming that those are built in game using a diesel train?
No, not at all. I handmodel all of the polygons in AutoDesk VIZ, then export them to .DTS for the chassis. Then I used preexisting wheels from the diesel and train for the wheels and made a mockup. Soon I shall script together the two, especially since the chassis is progressing smoothly. I might even make some progress towards it becoming rideable today.
Could you script a wall that people could pass through but vehicles couldnt?
alex10819 wrote:
Could you script a wall that people could pass through but vehicles couldnt?
I probably could, but it would be very difficult. I have some other track ideas that I'll be working on.
hawt

now all we need is an iGob that you can drive like a vehicle and attach your creations to.
Keep in mind that that's in no way the final vehicle. I'll be working on it more tomorrow.
*bump*

Front Page wrote:
I have been working on a new train class for The Better Mod (TBM), the famed Blockland mod. Based loosely on the color scheme from the original TBM Train, it incorporates my newfound skill of UVW mapping on vehicles using Multi/Sub-Object textures, a high level of detail, and more precise realism. I have completed most of the modelling for it save a few touchups, and will be finetuning the scripting over the next few days. I hope to complete a few other CPRR vehicles by the time the first full version of TBG is released.

woot. woot. woot woot. [several more consecutive woots follow].

when will you release those other TBM vehicles you've been working on?
This would be great to see (question, is it possible to edit the spawn menu at all?)
rivereye wrote:
This would be great to see (question, is it possible to edit the spawn menu at all?)

yes.
and, how would one do that?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours