I got the same error!
Yes
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

So, I was messing around on my TI-83 (NOT TI-83 +) and I just found this really weird glitch. I'll list what I did to see if anyone else has the same odd issue.
1. Create a new program called "STR2"
2. Type in the following code:

Code:
"->Str2
If expr(Str2:Then
   Disp "Str2 TRUE!
Else
   Disp "Str2 FALSE!
End
"ABCD->Str2
If expr(Str2:Then
   Disp "Str2 TRUE!
Else
   Disp "Str2 FALSE!
End

3. Run the program
Result: The program should return "ERROR:LINK" highlighted in black, and then freeze for about 15 seconds. After that, the screen will go blank, and then you must pull out a battery to trigger a RAM clear or it will not turn back on. After removing the battery, you will need to turn up the contrast, and you will find the calculator entirely reset.
I am interested in knowing wether this bug is found on all TI-83s, or if for some reason it is singular to my calculator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours