Hi All
when I try to do the following either in a program or from a calculator page:
{b,c,g,$,a} → lst1
I get a message: syntax OK
If I do the following:
{b,c,g,a} → lst1 works fine, as it should.
Obviously the $ symbol in the first list is the cause of the problem or any similar symbol from the catalogue.
Is there a way to store a list containing some of these special symbols to a user variable?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
tgahan
Lists in nspire basic are numeric only (its not like a javascript array). When you put letters, the calc interprets them as variables. Since "$" isn't a number or a variable, you won't be able to store it to a list. However, you could use the mid() command to get the nth character from a string though. So something like this will return a character based on an index (which is what I think you are trying to do)

Code:
mid("bcg$a",n,1)

Where n is the index of the character you want.
Hi mr womp womp
Yes this will do what I want.
Thank you.
tgahan

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours