jpez wrote:
Wow, just discovered how to zoom and rotate...this is incredible. Shock
Thanks, Jpez. And there's so much more to come...
I noted with surprise that you are attempting to index wikipedia...just how much bandwidth/storage do you have?
A fair bit. Try going now - I made node sizes relative to their frequency & relevance.
I still don't get what I'm looking at when I search for something on your site.
OK, the green dot in the middle is your search term. The yellow dots represent domains that contain your search term; the larger, the more times it appears on the site. The red dots indicate the most frequently-occuring words on those sites, and the more frequent, the bigger the red dot. So a big red dot branched off of a big yellow dot is likely to be a good match for your green dot.
hmm, so that is what it is. Well, hope to see some interesting stuff pop on out of this.
You might want to filter out common words like "the" and "and." I searched my name and the most used words were "and", "for", "are", "this", and "the." I think you should filter out those words. The average user probably doesn't care if it says "the" a lot on a page.
Chipmaster wrote:
You might want to filter out common words like "the" and "and." I searched my name and the most used words were "and", "for", "are", "this", and "the." I think you should filter out those words. The average user probably doesn't care if it says "the" a lot on a page.
Yeah, it's supposed to not index them. I need to figure out why that's happening.
Perhaps you could also filter by proximity to search term?
jpez wrote:
Perhaps you could also filter by proximity to search term?
What do you mean, make the links between more closely related things shorter and vaguer connections longer?
Yeah, something like that.
What is the difference between 3d words, words, and websites? Question
Harq wrote:
What is the difference between 3d words, words, and websites? Question
Nothing, yet. Eventually each will have a different function, but for now they all just show the 3D Words.
ooooh...
Harq wrote:
ooooh...
Yeah, I plan to finish some of those this evening. We'll see.
Nice job on the "words." Good Idea

What do the different colors mean on the "3d words." For instance, when I searched "software" one of the nodes (correct word?) connected to words that all had blue circles, while the rest of the circles were red.
Chipmaster wrote:
Nice job on the "words." Good Idea

What do the different colors mean on the "3d words." For instance, when I searched "software" one of the nodes (correct word?) connected to words that all had blue circles, while the rest of the circles were red.
Nodes is indeed the correct word. The blue nodes are the ones that wordNet has determined are most likely to be good conceptual matches. Red nodes are other high-frequency words that may be related. As you can see, I need to:

>>finish stats
>>debug some word selection stuff (thanks JPez)
>>make the Help section

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours